Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
finally got an AK

$450 and came with one new,one used 30 rnd mag,bayonet,sling and some other stuff. WASR-10-unissued

:)

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Congrats. Now, start buying 30rnd mags and ammo like its goin out of style.

Reactions: Idaho

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Get some rubber magazine caps for those mags so you can play in the dirt and gravel. Cheap chinese pouches and mags are the next buy.

Get both 30s and 40s one each and decide if you can deal with the reduced mobility. They have tanker 20s too and most folks like them for prone shooting. If your going to hang it from you single point or over shoulder the 40s are not that bad for moving around.

Skip the drums unless you get a few of them and don't get any that don't load from the back.

Nice weapon, now give it a good test run.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Congrats on buying a good gun. As above said. Buy ammo and mags now. Ammo is going to be the tough one soon. They don't have to take your gun if you have no bullets. Watch that front hand grip. The pin that runs through it can get really hot when you shoot. That is on the wooden stock sets. Have a great time. When you clean it be sure you clean your gas port. It will shoot and shoot but if the gas port finally clogs up you willhave a single shot. Learn to take it apart and put it back together. Much easier than an AR15. Good buy. Take care.

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well, I got to looking the gun over today and the used magazine that came with it don't fit in the receiver, it's a little too thick.

Edit:

I tried again and with a little coaxing, it will go in. Super tight fit though and the good thing is, there is no magazine wobble whatsoever:thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,045 Posts
Well, I got to looking the gun over today and the used magazine that came with it don't fit in the receiver, it's a little too thick.
in the pic you provided it looks just fine did i miss something?

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
I have a few beaters like that. Take a file to the sides where its thick at the top, or like I did on one a sander with 100 grit. I stripped them down wire brush style, and gave them a coat of Rustoleum flat black spray paint. They stay on the shelf in the back. You never know.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Looks great did someone already stain the wood. Mine wasnt that nice cleaned the wood and stained looks just like yours.

AIMs surplus has best prices on mags right now buy them and get ammo if you can find it localy or AIMs so far has the best prices on ammo as well.

Congrats man range report now.

·
Registered
585 Posts
$450 and came with one new,one used 30 rnd mag,bayonet,sling and some other stuff. WASR-10-unissued

:)
I have 2 underfolding stock AK's, I love them. Never had a problem, except I have 10 40 round magazines. With 30 round magazines, I can open and close the stock without problems. The 40 round magazines are just too long. They work fine in my rifles both fit and feeding, but I am looking to get rid of them. If your interested I could sell them to you.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
*coughs and raises his hand*

and if not- i'll give you a bill or so for the lot :D

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

Edit:

I tried again and with a little coaxing, it will go in. Super tight fit though and the good thing is, there is no magazine wobble whatsoever:thumb:
Most AK mags wobble and thats not a bad thing. Its the slack tolerances that make it run when its rusty and dirty.

When you go to the range, see how accurate you are from supported and unsupported shooting positions, more importantly, how accurate the rifle is.

Next time there is a gun show where you live you may find some AK mags cheap. Theres always a guy at the local gun show that sales good mags for $10 each. He throws in the cosmoline for free.

I love the AK cause its no BS. Its ready when you are.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts