Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a car service station near my house. The covered car port and part of the roof blew away.

On the left is the hatch of my SUV, including my 'partner'. Beyond you can see boarded up windows and a hole made by looters running down the wall.

closer pic of said hole, after a bit of tidying up. The entire facade had been torn loose and needed repairs after being struck by a truck after the storm. The entire inventory of the shoe store had been written off, but for some reason there was nearly 6 figures in hard currency in the vault

My 'office', where I lived for a number of days while covering posts at night and running supplies to neighbors by day

Pic of me driving lol

One of the zillions of gas lines, this one at a Sams club, which was heavily fortified with overturned shopping cats, cardboard bales, and cops. There had been several fights and a near shootout by two local gangs the day before- nessesitating the fortifications.

a fence and tree down next to my garage

The apartment courtyard

resturaunt lost its facade and much of its roof next door

This guy has been panhandling a LONG time. now all of a sudden his van broke down

The rear of a 3/4 of a mile long line for a nearby POD. Everyone pictured gat water that day- but no food was delivered

Last leg of the journey. soon after this was taken, they ordered everyone in line to get back to their vehichles because they were no longer taking foot traffic. It was too hot and everyone (besides me and a few others that actually brought water with them) was too dehydrated to put up much of a fight at that point. There were a few shoving matches beforehand though

After hoofing back to my car and getting into the drive through line. The second day they had food, but only because HEB Pantry stores and a few others had come through on supplies, FEMA couldnt find most of theirs

My uncle, tired, sunburned and ready for a nap after dropping by when he had a chance to get away from Galveston for the rescue efforts

My uncle and another DMAT member

one of my posts

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Nasty stuff, i have family in AL and FL...and i live in KS. Those dang cyclones can doo some damage. I'm still working on a way to it a tornado into a standard .45 acp brass...lol it'd be one heck of a round.

anyway..a bit off topic but how do you like that ATI barrel shroud?

·
TrailBlazer
734 Posts
I see your shotgun got to ride shotgun!!!:D: Thanks for the pics, good to see some first hand shots.Thanks for sharing.:thumb:

·
22,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
well i learned quick not to just trust the screws, even with loctite. I covered the shield in cloth and used a set of channel locks to crimp it down over the barrel. Just lining the sight up with the bead is good for basic sighting of rifled slugs

heavily as opposed to normal. I'm not talking about checkpoint charlie here.

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
well i learned quick not to just trust the screws, even with loctite. I covered the shield in cloth and used a set of channel locks to crimp it down over the barrel. Just lining the sight up with the bead is good for basic sighting of rifled slugs
Humm...ok, thatnk. I've seen them from CTD and thought about getting one, but i'l probably just save up and get a 18" DRS barrel. damn things are expinsive though...$190 for just the barrel, thats almost a whole new gun!

·
22,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 11 of 11 Posts