Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Banned
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got two of these insect killers, and not only are they fun, but they are effective at killing flies with a spray of table salt.

They rarely go on sale, that I've ever seen. Amazon's got them for $10 more, which is usually the going rate.

Trigger Air gun Font Gun barrel Gun accessory

Banned
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought one in 2016 still going strong.
That reminds me- the older models had a somewhat flimsy lid for the salt container. Mine broke, but still worked after securing it with a rubber band. I contacted the company to ask if they had replacement lids. Nope. But they did send me a brand-new gun! 馃幆

Zomby Woof
I've got one of the "Gen1" original versions of this. The range is about 4 inches for a clean kill...well a kill...it isn't exactly clean. Do the newer ones have a bit more power?

Banned
I've got one of the "Gen1" original versions of this. The range is about 4 inches for a clean kill...well a kill...it isn't exactly clean. Do the newer ones have a bit more power?
Yeah, I think they recommend shooting from within 3 feet. I like to shoot from the side, it seems to be a little more accurate that way.

Premium Member
In stead of Salt would a fine grain sand works just as well. I just can't see shooting salt everywhere, especially around plants.

My Hero Was Derion Albert
use coarse sea salt, like buckshot on bigger bugs like bottle flies and greenheads
Use table salt, its like bird shot on smaller flies and mosquitos

1 - 20 of 23 Posts