·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Mil-Dot off his game:D:

LOL, I apparantly am :D:. I haven't even seen the NRA mag yet. I'm not looking for any more at these prices ( and hope I'm not someday gnashing my teeth for having said that), but still,$42 delivered for a Canadian oz. is a killer deal. For anyone just getting into metals, you guys should milk this like we used to !!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't seen the ad yet. Does it have fine print stating "based on $37 spot..."?
No not based on spot. As Mil-Dot and I can say they are for real. The ad did say the first 100 (new). Generally, I give them my office phone number to keep away calls:D: I have done this 6-10 times in the last two years. Mil-Dot maybe in the Triple Digits:D: What I like most is that they are the 2011 1 oz Silver Canadian Grizzly (Wildlife Series). I can never find them locally. Just ASE's and Maples.

·
Registered
110 Posts
LOL, I apparantly am :D:. I haven't even seen the NRA mag yet. I'm not looking for any more at these prices ( and hope I'm not someday gnashing my teeth for having said that), but still,$42 delivered for a Canadian oz. is a killer deal. For anyone just getting into metals, you guys should milk this like we used to !!!! :thumb:
What am I missing here? If spot on silver is currently $40.48, how is $42 an oz a good deal? Are you talking about for the collectible / coin collecting value or for the value of the PM?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What am I missing here? If spot on silver is currently $40.48, how is $42 an oz a good deal? Are you talking about for the collectible / coin collecting value or for the value of the PM?
Where can you buy these for $40.48? No place.

Free S&H to your door

Limited minting vs ASE and Maples

Go call your local dealer. Ask what a new ASE or Maple is to YOU?

Ask him if he has a limited production 2011 1 oz Silver Canadian Grizzly (Wildlife Series)?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Where can you buy these for $40.48? No place.

Free S&H to your door

Limited minting vs ASE and Maples

Go call your local dealer. Ask what a new ASE or Maple is to YOU?

Ask him if he has a limited production 2011 1 oz Silver Canadian Grizzly (Wildlife Series)?
So the answer to my question then is that you're not buying it purely because of the value of the silver it contains... you're buying it as a collector's item. Gotcha.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So the answer to my question then is that you're not buying it purely because of the value of the silver it contains... you're buying it as a collector's item. Gotcha.
What? I buy it as bullion. I do like the fact that it has limited minting, but it is still bullion.

Do some homework and make a few phone calls and you will learn locally in your area what are the real prices.

What can you buy a new ASE or Maple for today in your AO?

·
Registered
110 Posts
What? I buy it as bullion. I do like the fact that it has limited minting, but it is still bullion.

Do some homework and make a few phone calls and you will learn locally in your area what are the real prices.

What can you buy a new ASE or Maple for today in your AO?
I don't buy ASEs or Maples. I buy other forms of silver - for less than spot prices. As just one example, a few weeks ago I purchased 3 pre-1965 half dollars and 6 1965 - 1970 half dollars for $60 via Craigslist. On that particular day, spot prices placed the values at roughly $76. I paid 79% of spot prices while ASEs and Maples go for spot + x% depending on where you buy them. It appears to me that what makes the ASE and Maple prices greater than spot are their collectible values / limited production. As far as the actual value of the silver contained within that ASE or Maple... if melted down, its value would be just the same as the value of the silver extracted from any of the coins I've purchased.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't buy ASEs or Maples. I buy other forms of silver - for less than spot prices. As just one example, a few weeks ago I purchased 3 pre-1965 half dollars and 6 1965 - 1970 half dollars for $60 via Craigslist. On that particular day, spot prices placed the values at roughly $76. I paid 79% of spot prices while ASEs and Maples go for spot + x% depending on where you buy them. It appears to me that what makes the ASE and Maple prices greater than spot are their collectible values / limited production. As far as the actual value of the silver contained within that ASE or Maple... if melted down, its value would be just the same as the value of the silver extracted from any of the coins I've purchased.
I think ASE's and Maples get more +spot, because folks trust it more than silver rounds and other silver not because of collectible values/limited production. I have silver rounds also, but they do look like fake coins. I want a little of both, because you never know. In order to barter the other person has to think it is real.

You are doing well paying 79% of spot prices:thumb:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think ASE's and Maples get more +spot, because folks trust it more than silver rounds and other silver not because of collectible values/limited production. I have silver rounds also, but they do look like fake coins. I want a little of both, because you never know. In order to barter the other person has to think it is real.

You are doing well paying 79% of spot prices:thumb:
Funny enough, I was thinking the same thing about the ASEs... when uncirculated, a coin just doesn't look as much like a real coin to me. :)

Unfortunately, I don't get all my silver at 79% of spot... just paid 92% of spot for a roll of mercury / Roosevelt dimes earlier today. Either way, I try not to pay more than 95% of spot whenever I buy.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Branned is giving y'all the straight scoop here, and as he alluded to, I've worked these deals big-time from '08 till early this year.. This is a great deal, and totally legit. Also, these coins are not just some prissy collectible. They are also a product of one of the major national mints, and are legal currency ( Canadian silver dollars have a $5 face value ), and therefore have more desirability and recongnizability that many other forms of silver, and subsequently will normally demand a considerably higher premium, all of which makes this an especially good deal.
Also, ( to answer Time Will Tell's question) I've called these guys very late at night, and still gotten my order in. You're not talking to the actual operation, but some kind of phone service, they may even operate 24 hours.
Good luck, and let us now how well your orders go through. They've gotten a little more picky in recent months. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Branned is giving y'all the straight scoop here, and as he alluded to, I've worked these deals big-time from '08 till early this year.. I've called these guys very late at night, and still gotten my order in. You're not talking to the actual operation, but some kind of phone service, they may even operate 24 hours.
:
You caved in you Silver Fox:D: I also ordered on last week.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
2011 1 oz Silver Canadian Grizzly (Wildlife Series)

Wow, less than one week and it came on Monday.:thumb: It cost them $6.75 flat rate envelope shipping with signature tracking. This is a loss leader for them.:D:

2011 1 oz Silver Canadian Grizzly (Wildlife Series)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts