Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im filling my taxes with turbotax. Last year I filed them on base in person. We were given all of the information in a white envelope and I swear it was put into our safe. However, I cant find it anywhere. The funny thing is that I have all the ones up to 2010 when I started filing online but this one I cant find.

Turbotax and Taxslayer wont even let you mail it in without the Total withheld/pmts amount from last year. Where can I get the number if I dont have the physical copies?

Reactions: ForgedInTheFlame

·
Super Moderator
14,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind, I found it. I realized that you can get your information from the IRS online. For some reason I never thought of that.

Reactions: Cornly2 and Aceoky

·
Super Moderator
14,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turbo tax was hacked and was a pita for some.
From my understanding Turbo Tax itself wasnt hacked. However, certain accounts were with their usernames and passwords.

Reactions: Aceoky

·
Goat Roper
1,256 Posts
Did mine with TT, filed electronically, and $$ was deposited 10 days later. Quick and easy. I dont use the free version tho, but buy the Deluxe version every year.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Don't spend the money on TT, Trump made taxes easy. I just order the paper forms, fill them out and mail them in. No rush as I work it out so I owe no more than last year's tax bill so there is never a penalty. Paper files are always handy for reference with no login required.

·
Registered
224 Posts
We normally use turbo tax but this year I wanted standard deduction on Fedral and itemize on state.
TT wouldn't let us do this.

Tried H&R using all the same numbers and now we are getting money back from both federal and state.
Interesting.
My wife fudged some numbers years ago before we got married and we get audited every year so I am cautious but the last few years we have passed without issue.
This year will be interesting.

Our return is more complex though with depreciation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts