Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
I sell US Military MRE's
6,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
one of them was a man...

Yes I saw that.... and two of the three were females... and couldn't stop one guy and the other almost got away. Does not make any sense for weaponless females to be in with male prisoners. Not too much common sense in the policy...besides placating the feminists.

·
Martian Invader from Mars
484 Posts
If women want to be treated equally (not targeting any ladies on this board), then they need to follow the same guidelines that men do - strength tests, fitness tests, endurance tests, etc. None of this "well make it the same, but different" BS.

Otherwise, there will always be a discrepency

·
Christian
39,500 Posts
OH dear, I hope she didn’t break a nail....

If anyone wants to work with dangerous criminals then they should be required to go through common sense criteria for getting the job.

this means that a female should be able to work as a jailer but only if she can handle the inmates coming through the jail.

If he/ she cannot and they do not allow weapons then this is no place for them.

Size DOES matter.

·
Registered
402 Posts
An old coworker of mine was a female correctionoal officer in California and Jessup MD. She's about 5"6 160 lbs tops she was also in the army. She's one tough woman also great back up. I trust her with my life, she was able to do her job and do it well. I have no problem with females working in facilities with men. She taught me a lot of good things and still use what she taught me. If you can do your job and do it well I don't care what gender you are.

21,494 Posts
even the male corectional officers do not have super powers. It means that they can get overpowered by the inmates. You are much better off having systems in place that does not require you to have one on one fights with criminals.

And a bloody button for an emergency rather than a 20 second conversation would be a solution as well.

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
even the male corectional officers do not have super powers. It means that they can get overpowered by the inmates. You are much better off having systems in place that does not require you to have one on one fights with criminals.

And a bloody button for an emergency rather than a 20 second conversation would be a solution as well.
I was thinking that too. Her fellow guard is fighting with a determined jailbird and she's having a conversation with someone in another part of the building that's totally unaware of whats going down.

If there is no "panic button" alarm money, at the very least there aught to be a ONE WORD code word shouted into the phone, so that she can at least assist as soon as as possible.

·
Experiment 626
2,311 Posts
Looks to me like they overpowered a male correctional officer, then entered the office area where the female officers were working and they helped subdue one of the the convicts while the other one beat feet out the door.

This isn't anything to do with size, or sex. They needed a panic button to sound an alarm and get some backup.. so someone could have had a 12ga waiting for the guy when he came through the door.

·
Registered
939 Posts
In high school my friends mom was a co... she was badass, especially with a baton. She was so good that she taught classes on it's use.

I don't think gender has as much to do with this type of job as it might seem at first glance because I know lots of guys that couldn't hack it.

21,494 Posts
I was thinking that too. Her fellow guard is fighting with a determined jailbird and she's having a conversation with someone in another part of the building that's totally unaware of whats going down.

If there is no "panic button" alarm money, at the very least there aught to be a ONE WORD code word shouted into the phone, so that she can at least assist as soon as as possible.
we have a system where we call our location twice. And thats it. If you hear that you know that something is going down and you need to get there toot sweet.

You call it twice because when you are in a panic you will only get half the message out.

·
Indefatigable
21,109 Posts
I think we will see more female COs and LEOs in the future, we have to replace those guys going off to fight for us with someone.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Fightin with cons aint something that happens all the time and if one is wanting to leave overwhelming force would be used and if that is ten gear up women you are gonna have a problem the con will LOSE.They have a button on the radio that was on the floor.And it will take a little time for staff to get there to help.Also that was a jail break not a prison break jails don't have the training on the same level as prison.Females seam to be in corrections to stay and I aint got no problem with it. I got better things to worry about then who they hired for the job.

·
I sell US Military MRE's
6,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes there are Amazon women out there but they are exceptions. Seems like a bad idea to me for what I think are obvious reasons. But again some people are OK in compromise so that it makes everybody "feel good".

·
I sell US Military MRE's
6,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fightin with cons aint something that happens all the time and if one is wanting to leave overwhelming force would be used and if that is ten gear up women you are gonna have a problem the con will LOSE.They have a button on the radio that was on the floor.And it will take a little time for staff to get there to help.Also that was a jail break not a prison break jails don't have the training on the same level as prison.Females seam to be in corrections to stay and I aint got no problem with it. I got better things to worry about then who they hired for the job.
Will I dune guess a gurl don't hav to be as smert ina jill as duh prisun. LOL

1 - 20 of 59 Posts