1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
300 National Guardsmen out of food and water in Houston

05:59 AM CDT on Monday, September 15, 2008

Associated Press

HOUSTON – Hundreds of first responders at two staging areas in Texas for Hurricane Ike have run out of food and water.

Congressman John Culberson said Sunday that 300 National Guardsmen, state troopers and other emergency workers are going hungry at a high-school football stadium — and at another staging area on Houston’s west side.

Culberson blamed FEMA for the gaffe and says he tried to contact Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, who is touring flood-stricken areas of Texas.

Culberson says several buses full of gas are sitting idle at the stadium while crews await instructions. He called on area residents to take food and water to the crews at the stadium — despite official warnings for people to stay off Houston roads.
And people continue to trust that the government will protect them during a disaster.......

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
proof positive that our govt has a flat learning curve. gives you real confidence in their ability with what you an i would have figgered out and changed after katrina.

they just do the same things repeatedly and expect different results----- hey isnt that the definition of insanity?

can we have them all committed?

·
Banned
647 Posts
after the congressman made the call for help did any of yall actually see the responses from the people. It was amazing and once again gives me hope about some of our people in this country. I almost cried when i saw the parking lot full of so much food that the people set up there own separate POD of the donated food. This made FEMA look completely like crap!! It was amazing to see and brought a smile when there is so much tragedy going on right now..
Plus they had so much they enlisted help from KHOU to find them another group who could use some of the supplies. They found, I believe, an assissted living center.

It was heartwarming to see the afflicted people helping others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts