Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
A Hoosier not a Hillbilly
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of interesting to me. Go to Mountain House's website and read the rfi sent to them from FEMA. They're studying food sources available for an earthquake in the New Madrid Fault area of the Midwest. Comments?

·
that's like, your opinion
17,825 Posts
well an RFI is simply a request for information... so, no services would be rendered until the RFP (request for proposal) and subsequent award... i am guessing MH won and is now fulfilling their contract.

·
AAAH GET TO ZE CHOPPA!
1,554 Posts
Good to see that FEMA is fulfilling its intended obligations, conspiracy theories aside...

Reactions: Davo45

·
Avoidance & Deterrence
2,832 Posts
This points out that the national stocks of MREs are exhausted. Oddly Obama has sold off the Strategic Petroleum Reserve recently too. Miss-management thy name is Washington.

·
Banned
283 Posts
Six months ago when this was news, the only thing that caught my attention is that the order was for one billions dollars worth.

Is that still the number being talked about?

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
One billion?
Can MH even fulfill an order that size? Where would FEMA store it? Better yet who would be in charge of distribution?
That whole scenario would be a disaster of epic proportions if they could even get that much food.
How many people qwould that many dollars worth of food feed anyway?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts