Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hunter/Farmer
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited with a friend on the coast yesterday,(Ike ravaged area) and she gave me one of the Heater Meals to try.
Here's a list of the contents:

Large 3/4 pound Tasty Entree (not in my book)

Biodegradable Food Heater( It worked well,...the entree would tastes bad, hot or cold)

Water pouch to start heater

1- King’s Fancy Fruit Mix(I like dried fruit, but not this stuff, too dry, and too sugared)

1- Squeezer Chocolate Peanut Butter (sounds like a good combo, it wasn't)

1- M&M’s Candy (Best part of the whole package,....I counted 14:rolleyes:)

1- Powdered Drink Mix( missing!)

1- Serving Tray
Utensil Pack with Spoon, Napkin, Moist Towelette, Salt & Pepper, and Salt Free Seasoning (salt free seasoning was stuck in the packing)

I never been a fan of MRE's,....the thought of another Tuna noodle casserole one would have me hunting a possum instead. But I wouldn't even consider stocking the Heater meals.
There is better foods to put away for storage.
They only have a 3 yr shelf life.

Attachments

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
yeah, i like beefaroni better

·
Registered
839 Posts
They are ok in an emergency, however I think MREs are much better than those. I bought a case a few years ago, took them camping I ate one and gave the rest of the case away.
Not very good.

·
Banned
647 Posts
Another item, although not technically an MRE, still in the same general 'family', is the Hormel Compleats. A small serving of meat, chicken, pasta, etc., in a microwaveable container (which you could empty into a cup and heat over a fire if you had to). They go for about $1.75 - $2.00 each. I thought they might be a good addition (lighter than carrying a can) to a saddlebag. I bought a couple to try, and they are vile:taped:. I couldn't even finish it. On the other hand, my Mom likes them:).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts