Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if enough people signed a petition that would ask FEMA or homeland security to create a simple card board box that could carry comfort items to hand out to refugees who are stuck in disaster area? Not really a survival kit but more of a comfort kit. They would probably ignore the request but its worth a shot. Who knows the idea could take hold?

What items would you put in this box. I would put in:

1 comb
1 unsented deoaderant
1 tooth brush
1 sun block
1 insect repellant
1 small tooth paste
5 maxi pads or tampons
1 small writing pad
2 pens
5 dust masks
5 rubber gloves
1 hand cranked flashlight
1 disposable lighter
5 anti-septic wipes
10 different size bandages
1 pair of cheap safety glasses
1 set cloth work gloves
1 deck of cards
1 plastic spoork
2 MRE food style food packs
1 rain poncho

·
1,049 Posts
Pretty much the same stuff on your list.

The 'safety' stuff (gloves, protective eyewear, etc) is seperate since not all will need it.

The ARC does a good job.

·
Registered
401 Posts
FEMA has some kit already made up. They passed them out here in KY last year during the Ice storm. These had mostly food in them.

Caution: These kits had peanut butter in them that was contaminated with salmonella, and had to be recalled. This is a great example of NOT relying on others for your preps!!!

·
Super Moderator
12,060 Posts
sewing kit
single serve drink mixes to make bottled water more palatable
hard candy
hair brush in addition to comb
5 dice for yatze (plus score pads)
sleep mask

Just a few additions off the top of my head

·
Super Gassy Moderator
66,256 Posts
Caution: These kits had peanut butter in them that was contaminated with salmonella, and had to be recalled. This is a great example of NOT relying on others for your preps!!!
So did the grocery stores. Our food supply isn't always as safe as we'd like to think it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts