Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
o_O

could you explain?

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At some point apparently once youve taken a certain number of FEMA classes you get an ID card, that states you are an trained in Emergency Management....

·
Registered
33 Posts
NIMS-ICS Training

There are hundreds of FEMA endorsed classes as part of the National Incident Command System, or ICS. Most begin with ICS 100, 200, 700 and 800 which are the basic courses explaining the system and its methodology for operations. You do not receive a card, however you do receive a mountable certificate, and a smaller version (like 5x7) which can be folded and put in your wallet. These courses are generally availabe through your local Emergency Management agency or your municipalities emergency operations center. But they can also be taken online for free.

National Incident Management courses...
http://www.fema.gov/emergency/nims/nims_training.shtm

and...
http://training.fema.gov/IS/crslist.asp

After you have completed the basic courses, there is a myriad of specific training offered from Incident Command to Animal Rescue. It is good to pick an area and specialize in it. :thumb: ~SM~

·
Breathe Easy
214 Posts
I need to get started doing this. I've wanted to for a while now, just haven't gotten around to it.

Maybe it being mentioned again will light a fire under my butt.

Emergency/Preparedness courses are always worth it.

·
Banned
317 Posts
I believe that this classes works two ways, to get your ready to obey and to be less of a burden on the system......

Learn how the enemy thinks in order to fight them better......I think that I'll be taking the classes on line...........thanks.

·
Registered
839 Posts
You will not get a "FEMA ID card" for taking FEMA courses. You will get a certificate. There is a Certified Emergency Manager program that is offered at the State level, if you state has one. Each individual if they have the program requires you to take a certian amount of FEMA online independent study classes as well as their own state classes. I have taken almost all of the fema independent study classes as well as I am a state certified emergency manager. And FEMA or my state gives you a ID card. The classes offered online by fema are free and are good classes. I would recommend to anyone who would like to learn more about Emergency Preparedness, or First Responders.

Hope this helps..

·
Registered
167 Posts
Wow, thanks a lot. I didn't know anything about these. So I've already downloaded the 1st course, do I need to sign up onine or at my local office or simply study up and then take the Final online?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts