Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gott Mit Uns
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of a strange question. While I consider myself athletic I have always suceeded by training the hardest, and being very dedicated giving the proverbial 110%. I really have very little athletisism, hand eye cordintation, speed etc. As I am now 39 it is not that much of a big deal. My work ethic has put me pretty far ahead on the bell curve. One thing that has bothered me latlely, as I have been spending time in the outdoors is my balance. I have always been a little on the not graceful side. It kind of hit home this week, I fell in a stream while crossing a log.:eek: Watching my daughter do flips on a balance beam during a gymnastic competition really made me start to think. I really have a dificult time with any hard terrain, obstical, it is not a conditioning thing it is a pure co-ordination thing.
Is there any way to improve balance, I thought maby some members into martial arts might know something. I have a bachelors degree in Exercise Physiology and as far as I remember we covered just about every aspect of performance but the topic of balance, cordination was always approached as either you got it or you dont. Thanks, I know compared to some ? this is not a major deal but it is something that I have identified as a weekness and if possible would like to do something about this defecit. Thank you in advance for your input. Kevin:thumb:
PS I want to stress as we have lots of medical people, this is not an inner ear, medical issue. I have been like this all my life. I have good health with no issues. I do not have vertigo or other problems. Just a clutz. Some of it I think might be related to my height as I am only 5 foot 6. I always felt my height put me at a disatvantage with obsticals and balance (rationalization possibly:D:)

·
DEFCON 4
6,583 Posts
your height, or lack there of, can give you advantages many others do not have. such as your head does not poke out as high. ie.. rifle shots. plus you can see things on the ground as you are closer to it. you are the way you are, be proud man..........:thumb:

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Yup, some of us are just born with it. That's my story as well. Just walk carefully. :)

Kind of a strange question. While I consider myself athletic I have always suceeded by training the hardest, and being very dedicated giving the proverbial 110%. I really have very little athletisism, hand eye cordintation, speed etc. As I am now 39 it is not that much of a big deal. My work ethic has put me pretty far ahead on the bell curve. One thing that has bothered me latlely, as I have been spending time in the outdoors is my balance. I have always been a little on the not graceful side. It kind of hit home this week, I fell in a stream while crossing a log.:eek: Watching my daughter do flips on a balance beam during a gymnastic competition really made me start to think. I really have a dificult time with any hard terrain, obstical, it is not a conditioning thing it is a pure co-ordination thing.
Is there any way to improve balance, I thought maby some members into martial arts might know something. I have a bachelors degree in Exercise Physiology and as far as I remember we covered just about every aspect of performance but the topic of balance, cordination was always approached as either you got it or you dont. Thanks, I know compared to some ? this is not a major deal but it is something that I have identified as a weekness and if possible would like to do something about this defecit. Thank you in advance for your input. Kevin:thumb:
PS I want to stress as we have lots of medical people, this is not an inner ear, medical issue. I have been like this all my life. I have good health with no issues. I do not have vertigo or other problems. Just a clutz. Some of it I think might be related to my height as I am only 5 foot 6. I always felt my height put me at a disatvantage with obsticals and balance (rationalization possibly:D:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts