Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Forum Administrator
16,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather is cold, wet, foggy and miserable. As I look outside I can barely see across the yard. Even the chicken house is shrouded in fog.

Africa has a locust plague that has not been seen in decades. Some people say it is biblical in size.

Crops are being destroyed on a scale not seen in a generation.

Australia has burned for weeks.

Coronavirus is spreading. Not sure how this will play out or how contagious the virus is. Let's hope coronavirus does not spread to homeless populations of major cities.

·
Forum Administrator
16,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it a sci-fi or a dark comedy?
If we add Trump impeachment then it becomes a dark comedy.

All we need now is for Iran to announce they have a nuclear weapon. Or coronavirus infections explode.

·
Banned
6,384 Posts
During the black plague they thought it was the end of the world.
And we can take examples like that all throughout history, as recently as Y2K.

Hindsight is 20/20, always, and the future is always left to discovery even with the best prediction indicators statistically possible.

So what's your point lol, we obviously wouldn't know until it happened, like with everything else in life.

I'm just trying to be dramatic with my post and stir the most religious, but my daily trolling aside, it adds up. Until it doesn't. That's the power of the statement. The Panemic could wipe out the planet. We can laugh at that, until it becomes reality. Will it? Time will tell.

I remember when I saw the news of the guy who got his face eaten off under some overpass in Florida by some guy on "bath salts". My and my buddy, a Marine vet, and both of us zombie fans, were convinced for a good 72 hours this was the beginning of the zombie apocalypse. I'm STILL disappointed I'm wrong. We both are lol. Yea, im the type of person who would rather be right about something terrible than be wrong about something good, I just want to say I told you so LOL. It's the same in sports, I still rub it in to fellow 9ers fans how they were wrong about the 2011 season, me being one of the only guys to have faith in Harbaugh and the system at the time. Reward me for it, and don't forget my projection of 12 wins (off by 1 iirc, not checking).

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

·
Comic, not your lawyer!
14,613 Posts
Let's calm down a bit and have some perspective. Yes, these events are tragic for those involved. It's heartbreaking to see people starving, massive fires, the people suffering, the pollution, the suffering and death of wildlife, etc.

But let's not forget in the last 20 years:

* Individual and multiple Tsunamis in SE Asia killed a quarter of a million people and ruined entire coastal cities and caused unimaginable amount of suffering and loss.

* Japan nuclear reactors destroyed in 2011.

* 9/11/01 seemed like "end times" to many people.

* Global markets collapsed twice in this century, in 2001 and 2008. Trillions whipped out, entire savings lost for many. Massive homeless epidemics.

And so forth.

The common flu has killed thouands-fold more than this new China flu virus. Let's not panic.

·
Banned
6,384 Posts
Let's calm down a bit and have some perspective. Yes, these events are tragic for those involved. It's heartbreaking to see people starving, massive fires, the people suffering, the pollution, the suffering and death of wildlife, etc.

But let's not forget in the last 20 years:

* Individual and multiple Tsunamis in SE Asia killed a quarter of a million people and ruined entire coastal cities and caused unimaginable amount of suffering and loss.

* Japan nuclear reactors destroyed in 2011.

* 9/11/01 seemed like "end times" to many people.

* Global markets collapsed twice in this century, in 2001 and 2008. Trillions whipped out, entire savings lost for many. Massive homeless epidemics.

And so forth.

The common flu has killed thouands-fold more than this new China flu virus. Let's not panic.
Rationally yes, but a less fun reality for the spectator.

·
Registered
34,642 Posts
(Chuckles)

So, about being in a science fiction movie:

You know how the main character "rescues" a bus load of cheerleaders or whatever?

Well a cousin who is 11 years older than me, but we are simpatico (He joined the Army, I joined the Corps, both EMT'S ETC. we get along.)

Well his oldest kid is 18, and is a Freshman in college pretty close to me.
When she went there we decided I'd get called as I can be there if she needs help far faster than he can.

She may be a 6' tall (pretty hot, ....ok, smoking hot fortunately takes a after her mother.) Woman now who knows how to shoot, but to me she's still a little kid.

But he asked about her bugging out here. Naturally I am fine with it, I just need to build the quarantine shack for a 15 day stay.

...I told him to tell her to pack her SUV full of coeds!:D::D::D:

Movie WHHHAT?

·
Paramedic and ΜΟΛΩΝ &#923
3,053 Posts
Since the dawn of man, we have been seeing the "end times".

I'm going to guess not a year goes by when you couldn't string along a few events to fulfill the prophecy if you dug hard enough.

We and the world are far more resilient.

I'm far more worried about went down in Virginia and around the country when it comes to ALL of our rights but mostly Gun rights.

For the last few days, I have watched the news I've been going to class, working and helping my kid move. So the news is all new to me. In the early 2000s SARS and swine flu were going to kill us all and in 2013 Obama imported Ebola to America (I kid) and we had people panicking about Ebola in America.

We'll make it, until we don't.

·
Banned
6,384 Posts
I've seen so many mentions of Ebola since this China thing,I realized I really missed the boat there. Other than hearing the name float around a few times, didn't even realize it was a big deal or what it really was.

I was so intentionally removed from the outside world after separation until I found Survivalist boards, any event that caused you guys panic before 2018, I might not even be aware about LOL.

Didn't vote, watch the news, and didn't care for social media. Outside of my immediate sports world, didn't even know Ebola was this big threat on everyone's minds. In my opinion this is a good thing. Misinformed or ignorant but blissfully so.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts