Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

My name is Jeremy Haas and I am the founder of ARCS Self Defense & Combatives. I am a life long martial artist, US military combat veteran, and state certified law enforcment officer. I have spent a considerable amount of time in Israel training members of the IDF and Israeli National Counter Terrorism Unit as well as other members of federal, state, and national law enforcement units and military members from numerous nations.

Over the years I have come to see that there are many frauds, fakes, and phonies all over the globe trying to make a buck claiming to be self defense and security experts. Seeing so many of these fakes it spurred me into putting all my training together where it could be cataloged and learned by people who truely have a need for quality training.

Would you please take a few minutes to visit www.ARCSSelfDefense.com and review the program and then give me any and all feedback you are willing to offer? Please feel free to rip it apart and let me know what you would like to see improved, changed, addressed, etc.

Thanks!

Jeremy Haas

·
Registered
441 Posts
Greetings!

My name is Jeremy Haas and I am the founder of ARCS Self Defense & Combatives. I am a life long martial artist, US military combat veteran, and state certified law enforcment officer. I have spent a considerable amount of time in Israel training members of the IDF and Israeli National Counter Terrorism Unit as well as other members of federal, state, and national law enforcement units and military members from numerous nations.

Over the years I have come to see that there are many frauds, fakes, and phonies all over the globe trying to make a buck claiming to be self defense and security experts. Seeing so many of these fakes it spurred me into putting all my training together where it could be cataloged and learned by people who truely have a need for quality training.

Would you please take a few minutes to visit www.ARCSSelfDefense.com and review the program and then give me any and all feedback you are willing to offer? Please feel free to rip it apart and let me know what you would like to see improved, changed, addressed, etc.

Thanks!

Jeremy Haas
Can't base an opinion just off a resume. I need to see some videos of your system in order to base an honest opinion.

Are you an Israeli? Were you in IDF at some point? You state you are an American Veteran but yet you trained IDF personnel? That throws up a red flag for me because why would IDF want an American training their people.

Also you state that you trained members of the Israeli National Counter Terrorist Unit. Never heard of that unit but I have heard of their several different counter terrorist units such as Duvdevan, Magav, Shin Bet, Mossad......so which are you claiming.

Every year I do firearms training with friends that are members of one of the above mentioned units and they never mentioned any Israeli National Counter Terrorist Unit. :eek:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't base an opinion just off a resume. I need to see some videos of your system in order to base an honest opinion.

Are you an Israeli? Were you in IDF at some point? You state you are an American Veteran but yet you trained IDF personnel? That throws up a red flag for me because why would IDF want an American training their people.

Also you state that you trained members of the Israeli National Counter Terrorist Unit. Never heard of that unit but I have heard of their several different counter terrorist units such as Duvdevan, Magav, Shin Bet, Mossad......so which are you claiming.

Every year I do firearms training with friends that are members of one of the above mentioned units and they never mentioned any Israeli National Counter Terrorist Unit. :eek:
No, I am not Israeli. I am an US born citizen. My time in Israel was spent in two capacities.
- Training with them in order to bring that training back to US military forces.
- Providing training and information to them.
Much of the training that takes place in the environment is a mutual exchange between our forces.

Regarding the national counter terrorism unit you were asking about, it is called "Yamam" which stands for "Special Police Unit". In Israel it is also called "The Unit for Counter-Terror Warfare" (היחידה ללוחמה בטרור). The Yamam answers to the department of defence central command and belongs to the civilian Israeli Police Forces, rather than the military, but is actually independent in most ways. Its officers are professional policemen on payroll, with combat experience from their military service within the Israel Defense Forces (IDF). Yamam recruits its members almost exclusively from Israeli special forces units. YAMAM generally recruits only from Israel's top 7 units (Matkal/Sheldag/Duvdevan/Shayetet/Egoz/Maglan/Yael) but exceptions are often made and recruits come from Palsar, LOTAR and YAMAS. Hopefully that will answer some of your questions.

Here is a link to the ARCS youtube subscriber channel and there are several videos showing some of the hand to hand basics. Again these are short clips of a much larger program but hopefully this will give you some idea of what it looks like.

Anymore questions? I'd be glad to answer any other questions or request. Again I'd appreciate any and all feedback.

·
Registered
441 Posts
All I have to say is that any technique that can not be applied against a live resisting partner during training can not be used in a real life situation. I don't care what the technique is, whether it is a strike or a submission, if it is not practiced continuously during sparring sessions the technique will not work.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Greetings!

Thanks!

Jeremy Haas

in looking at your resume', i'd suggest a few things....

-explain your MOS/job in the Air Force.
-explain your job as a LEO

for me, by explaining in great detail on yuor training, and then not saying what you do/did, it makes it like you're glossing over that. and saying you're a POST certified officer is kinda like a Nascar driver saying they have a driver's license.....

you appear to have a great deal of experience in martial arts, and the majority of the techniques in the video seem solid to me (other than catching a roundhouse kick.....quite risky, IMO)...just show that other experience in the same detail.

just my .02

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All I have to say is that any technique that can not be applied against a live resisting partner during training can not be used in a real life situation. I don't care what the technique is, whether it is a strike or a submission, if it is not practiced continuously during sparring sessions the technique will not work.
A little confused about what you are talking about here? There are several videos available on my site as well as on the ARCS Self Defense channel on YouTube. If you are talking about the video of me striking the "rubber man", obviously I was hitting it because helpers dislike being punched in the face for the sake of a video. Much like a boxer uses a bag for drills and then later sparrs with partners...

·
Registered
441 Posts
A little confused about what you are talking about here? There are several videos available on my site as well as on the ARCS Self Defense channel on YouTube. If you are talking about the video of me striking the "rubber man", obviously I was hitting it because helpers dislike being punched in the face for the sake of a video. Much like a boxer uses a bag for drills and then later sparrs with partners...
No, what I am saying is that what you are showing in your videos will not work if not practiced against someone that is fighting back...period. Anybody can come up with techniques that look good against a person in a static position or even against someone just throwing one strike.

Nobody just throws just one punch and then disengages ......they will continue striking you with a flurry of strikes until you go down.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, what I am saying is that what you are showing in your videos will not work if not practiced against someone that is fighting back...period. Anybody can come up with techniques that look good against a person in a static position or even against someone just throwing one strike.

Nobody just throws just one punch and then disengages ......they will continue striking you with a flurry of strikes until you go down.
I agree completely with what you are saying, however if demonstrating or teaching a specific technique, or set of techniques, it is extremely hard to have a viewer pick them out when we are going full speed and swinging for the fences. This site is set up to be a resource to pull from. In a real fight nothing will ever be "demonstration pretty", but then again no system ever looks the same in a real fight.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I agree completely with what you are saying, however if demonstrating or teaching a specific technique, or set of techniques, it is extremely hard to have a viewer pick them out when we are going full speed and swinging for the fences. This site is set up to be a resource to pull from. In a real fight nothing will ever be "demonstration pretty", but then again no system ever looks the same in a real fight.
That is the problem....how is what you teach going to work for people who are not training the correct way. Also how do you know what you teach really works. Has it been tested in a real situation by others. Has it been tested by you.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is the problem....how is what you teach going to work for people who are not training the correct way. Also how do you know what you teach really works. Has it been tested in a real situation by others. Has it been tested by you.
I'm getting the feeling that no matter what I say it is never going to be enough for you. I'm figuring that it is because you are a prior military dojo owner with a chip on your shoulder for some reason or another...mobst likely it is because this training doesn't fit in your little box of Muay Thai, BJJ, or whatever else you teach. However, I will go ahead and humor you.

The majority of the techniques are basic movments that are already learned movements based off of natural reflexes...unlike karate, TKD, judo, BJJ, etc. Full contact sparring is PART of the training classes so people can learn about distance, timing, balance, being able to take a hit, and being able to generate power to give a hit. BUT you can't full contact spar every technique we use because somebody will end up injured and it is hard to explain why you can't go to work the next day because during your training and get injured frequently.

Training should hurt, but not injure. We are not training to get in a ring/cage with another trained fighter, that is something completely different. Rather we are teaching and training techniques to survive an attack until you can escape or injure the attacker to the point that the attack ends.

The fact that I am still here is proof that what I do works. I have used these very techniques in hand to hand combat against paramilitary forces and in correctional facilities as well as on the street in the line of duty. Some of these techniques came from my brothers in Israel and some of them were techniques that I taught and shared with them. I figure it is good enough for both the US and Israeli militaries to request that I share it on occassion with their members then it is at least a viable form of combatives that can be used for self defense as well.

If you really truely doubt it that much go sign up at the ARCS website, send me an email there, and I will coordinate for you to come to one of our 3 day (24 hour) weekend long intensive training seminars. All you have to do is show up....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cuchillo...FYI...regarding your homepage for BJJ Revolution....

My best friend (practically family) Clint DuPlechain is Jeff Mesina's cousin. Clint has a BJJ Revolution dojo in Alexandria, La just a couple hours from Jeff's in Houston.

Why don't you contact Jeff and ask him to call his cousin Clint and see if I'm the real deal or not? I've met Jeff at a couple of seminars that he taught there for his cousin, hell he may even remember me.

Jeremy Haas

1 - 15 of 15 Posts