Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
AFDQ
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WASHINGTON (Associated Press) -- Gasoline-powered lawnmowers blamed for summertime air pollution will have to be cleaner under new rules from the Environmental Protection Agency.

The regulation issued Thursday requires a 35 percent reduction in emissions from new lawn and garden equipment powered by engines under 25 horsepower. It takes effect in 2011 and is expected to save approximately 190 million gallons of gasoline each year.

Environmentalists welcome the regulation. It had been delayed for years by opposition from small engine manufacturers and their congressional supporters.

:eek:

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
WASHINGTON (Associated Press) -- Gasoline-powered lawnmowers blamed for summertime air pollution will have to be cleaner under new rules from the Environmental Protection Agency.

The regulation issued Thursday requires a 35 percent reduction in emissions from new lawn and garden equipment powered by engines under 25 horsepower. It takes effect in 2011 and is expected to save approximately 190 million gallons of gasoline each year.

Environmentalists welcome the regulation. It had been delayed for years by opposition from small engine manufacturers and their congressional supporters.

:eek:

Hmm. I suppose we'll have to get our lawnmowers smog-checked now?

GET YER STATE SMOG CERT FOR A MERE 29.95!!!

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
Although I'm an avid "environmentalist" concerning multi-national companies fishing by tawler, mass deforestation by big business and local folk wiping out wild species for the sake of domestic ones.. I'm equally against any c02/global warming/ice cap inspired laws, regulations or licenses as this article refers to. In holland I used to rack up the bonfire with as much wood as possible from the neighbouring building site, despite the recycling bin being closer. There'll be an ice age anyway and I couldn't give a hoot. I know this article refers to summertime "air pollution", as an urban problem, but I'll never be urban again so am reading it through my own lens. If people live near traffic congestion/heavily populated dwellings then they should put up with the pap that goes with it or move and get vigiliante about urbanisation not enroaching any further.

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Better still let's get rid of the idea of a LAWN. I have an edible landscape around my house and the time I spent tending it FEEDS me.

(Yes, I do live in suburbia and yes I have had to fight off pissy neighbors and the country because of my "weeds." But, the weeds are edible and intentional and I won. So there. )

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
First time the smog junk breaks it's coming off. Oh no, we'll have to have annual inspections. It should help the economy. At least China's economy.

It is Not global warming any more! It is a Climate Crisis!
The rapid cooling is caused by the global warming and change in ocean currents. It is all based on an Algorithm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts