Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
The Feds are unhappy that more parents aren't vaccinating their kids and are investigating.
What's your take?
without shots?[/url]
MAYBE "they" didn't spend enough propaganda money there, or maybe there is hope for a community, or, tell them to get thier nose back to the OBAMANATION they created......hmmmmmmmmm:thumb:

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
im suspect of ANYTHING govco puts out for free. I'm talking about flushots- but I think this is a similar situation

·
Behind Enemy Lines
3,408 Posts
some of the vaccines are absurd. what's that one for pre-teen girls? HPV, or something? some relation between STDs and cancer or the like. well, gee, act modestly and you don't need the vaccine!

am I thinking of the right vaccine? someone back me up here. :cool:

·
Registered
350 Posts
some of the vaccines are absurd. what's that one for pre-teen girls? HPV, or something? some relation between STDs and cancer or the like. well, gee, act modestly and you don't need the vaccine!

HPV has nothing to do with STDs. HPV is a common virus which is widely distributed and although it could be contracted through sexual intercourse, it is much more likely to be contracted via normal environmental exposures. HPV is one of many possible reasons a woman may develop cervical cancer.

--Wintermute

·
Behind Enemy Lines
3,408 Posts
HPV has nothing to do with STDs. HPV is a common virus which is widely distributed and although it could be contracted through sexual intercourse, it is much more likely to be contracted via normal environmental exposures. HPV is one of many possible reasons a woman may develop cervical cancer.
--Wintermute
thanks for the info. I thought it had an edge to it, re sexual activity. further investigation required. thanks for the response! :thumb:

EDIT: yeah, I think I was closer to being right. here's an interesting link to info at WebMD...

http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/hpv-genital-warts/default.htm

·
Registered
350 Posts
thanks for the info. I thought it had an edge to it, re sexual activity. further investigation required. thanks for the response! :thumb:

EDIT: yeah, I think I was closer to being right. here's an interesting link to info at WebMD...

http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/hpv-genital-warts/default.htm
Some of them are sexually transmitted, however, the exact number which are considered to be fluid transmitted diseases are unknown. It is known that of the many HPV variations, some are fluid transmitted, and some are transmitted via other environmental methodologies.

--Wintermute

·
Registered
488 Posts
Your right. It's the same virus that causes genital warts.
Human Papalomal Virus
It can cause Cervical Cancer
I think the vaccine is Gardicil
Has lots of side effects

I'm wary of vaccinations

·
under prepared patriot
333 Posts
MAYBE "they" didn't spend enough propaganda money there, or maybe there is hope for a community, or, tell them to get thier nose back to the OBAMANATION they created......hmmmmmmmmm:thumb:
good god Obama isnt even president yet, do you honestly believe that bush didnt do anything? politicians are all bad lets at least let Obama be sworn in before you start blaming him for all the countrys problems...:rolleyes:

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I asked how you people felt on the issue because this is such a confusing and touchy subject.

I have two little kids (4yr. & 2yr.). We took them both in for the standard shots and they're both just fine. However, where do you draw the line? I refuse to give my kids flu shots and neither I nor my wife ever get them. I believe that the cons far outweigh the pros with those.

I think people should be given all the info they need to make an informed decision on this and should be allowed to choose what they think is best for themselves and their families.

Sure, a small number of parents out there will not do what's best for the kids, but that's no reason to push absurd laws on the rest of us, who would die for the sake of our kids.

Like I said, a very polarized issue...

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For God's sake people, can't we discuss anything at all without bringing politics into it?

And don't you people know that as soon as you mention ...HIS... name, a certain troll on this board will take over the thread and crap all over it with "copy and paste" propaganda?

I for one could do without ever seeing another post from that guy, so please, keep politics out of it...

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm thinking along the same lines as you. Smallpox and polio sure. No need for flu, a common seasonal virus.
It wasn't until the past few years that anyone besides the elderly got a flu vaccine.

I asked how you people felt on the issue because this is such a confusing and touch subject.

I have two little kids (4yr. & 2yr.). We took them both in for the standard shots and they're both just fine. However, were do you draw the line? I refuse to give my kids flu shots and neither I nor my wife ever get them. I believe that the cons far outweigh the pros when with those.

I think people should be given all the info they need to make an informed decision on this and should be allowed to chose what they think is best for themselves and their families.

Sure, a small number of parents out there will not do what's best for the kids, but that's no reason to push absurd laws on the rest of us, who would die for the sake of our kids.

Like I said, a very polarized issue...

·
Haha
3,407 Posts
When it comes to vaccination...don't. If you wan't healthy kids then you yourself should be healthy when making them. Breast feed them so they get the mothers immunity's. Feed them healthy food not processed sludge from a jar. Make all meals balanced, healthy and vitamin rich.

Believe me it makes all the difference. Scientists have found that the increased consumption of processed foods and sugars in young people have also been keeping up with the increased unhealthyness of the same children.

Treat your children like a really expensive sports car. Only the best fuel and parts are used. :thumb:

-Cade

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Ashland has a lot of people who live organic/natural lives and what that healthy life style for their children.

I didn't have my children vaccinated because of religious beliefs and the belief that I wasn't going to put something into my childrens bodies that was foreign.

All my children are very healthy.

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
When it comes to vaccination...don't. If you wan't healthy kids then you yourself should be healthy when making them. Breast feed them so they get the mothers immunity's. Feed them healthy food not processed sludge from a jar. Make all meals balanced, healthy and vitamin rich.

Believe me it makes all the difference. Scientists have found that the increased consumption of processed foods and sugars in young people have also been keeping up with the increased unhealthyness of the same children.

Treat your children like a really expensive sports car. Only the best fuel and parts are used. :thumb:

-Cade
I just wish it was that easy. Just one bite of a Big Mac will have them hooked for life.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Brilliantly said! It breaks my heart to see parents feed their children processed crap because it's cheap. Our food build skyrocketed and I learned to live without "extras" so I could feed my child properly.

And while you are at it, stay away from chemicals in all walks of life. Don't use harsh carpet cleaners, general purpose cleaners, buy consigned clothes so you know they have been washed many times and as much of the fire retardant crap has been washed away. Don't ChemLawn your yard; buy organic (organic is more nutrient dense then conventional), wrap your child's mattress in something like this http://www.babysake.com/ to prevent inhalation of nasty off-gassing.

Limit trips to the doctor. Let a cold run it's course instead of asking for an antibiotic. My mother can't stand that I refuse to pump my daughter full of OTC crap when she has a runny nose, but the dye and chemicals in toddler medication is insane.

We are bombarding our little ones full of so much crap it'll be amazing to see if the toddlers of today can even reproduce in 20 years. :(

-Cade

·
Haha
3,407 Posts
Limit trips to the doctor. Let a cold run it's course instead of asking for an antibiotic. My mother can't stand that I refuse to pump my daughter full of OTC crap when she has a runny nose, but the dye and chemicals in toddler medication is insane.
Very good point. Going to the doctor should only be a last resort when all other remedies fail. Using anti-biotics can build up a tolerance in your system making them fail in ridding the body of bacterial infections. Also taking a lot of anti-biotics can also cause bacteria to build immunities to certain anti-biotics. Many doctors blame super bugs out there on excessive use of drugs. Common nasel infections because of over use of drugs has turned into more than a nuisance and now a respiratory threat. I have heard of kids dieing of infections now because the bacteria is imune to anti-biotics.

Unless its killing you or lasting too long do not see a doctor. In fact medicating yourself without the use of presciption drugs works well. To quicken the pace of your body expelling infections can be achieved by drinking lots of water, rest and herbal remedies and vitamins.

-Cade

·
Registered
954 Posts
Ashland has a lot of people who live organic/natural lives and what that healthy life style for their children.

I didn't have my children vaccinated because of religious beliefs and the belief that I wasn't going to put something into my childrens bodies that was foreign.

All my children are very healthy.

Yes, Ashland is populated by HIPPIES, and college students.

I have spent some time there in the past.

There is a real organic movement there, has been for many years

1 - 20 of 22 Posts