1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
14,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
364 Posts
Good to see the good ole FDA is solving all the worlds food and drug problems............................

·
Cross-eyed Target Shooter
1,558 Posts
The Big Guy and his son need to get their 10% after all...........

And don't forget The Party and their cut.

Can't be having all of those pesky FREEDOMS..........

Plus there is that breakthrough on the net about the Fenbendazole and cancer and workable cures. Look at the Ivermectin thing and COVID.

It's about CONTROL! Pure and simple!

·
Registered
7 Posts
This has been in the works for a while. Penicillin has been almost impossible to find for over a year. I found a bottle just last month at Tractor Supply and bought it because I knew this was coming. I'm also trying to learn herbal treatments and use those on my goats when I can. I have 2 great livestock vets, but they still require the animals to be seen before they will give meds.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
This has been in the works for a while. Penicillin has been almost impossible to find for over a year. I found a bottle just last month at Tractor Supply and bought it because I knew this was coming. I'm also trying to learn herbal treatments and use those on my goats when I can. I have 2 great livestock vets, but they still require the animals to be seen before they will give meds.
since almost a year ago. The FDA has said they will need to see the farm or the animals in order to establish a legit client vet relationship. They don’t need to see the sick animal, they just need to see you operation. My vet thinks one a year would be sufficient in the absence of other guidelines.

it’s not antibiotics, it’s any antimicrobial. She thinks it’s a reaction to ivermectin. Earlier rules limited antimicrobials in feed, she thinks the misuse of pills or injections is virtually irrelevant.
Rule goes into effect next June

18,062 Posts
Not a surprise. This has been incrementally occurring over years.

In 2017, many antibiotics used in the feed and drinking water of livestock went from over-the-counter to a feed directive or veterinarian prescription.

In 2018, the FDA published a five-year plan for phasing out all antibiotics without a prescription.

Not that such doesn't make some sense. Antibiotic resistance is not new, and 30 years after penicillin was discovered and used, the first case of resistance was discovered in humans.

·
Registered
576 Posts
there will be solutions after the fish meds dissapear. There are already companies that will sell a "emergency supply" of antibiotics after their "Doctor" calls to verify you are a real person and ask why you need them. Just tell them that you have no intention of taking them unless needed and that they are for emergency usage only. They verify you arent allergic and then send the goods. YES its more costly than fish meds but its also legal..

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
14,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
364 Posts
If only there were a way to obtain a "reliable rx" or there was a place that staffed an "all day chemist." One day perhaps the clouds will dissipate and lo and behold a "clear sky pharmacy" will appear....................................................................................just saying.

·
Registered
576 Posts
If only there were a way to obtain a "reliable rx" or there was a place that staffed an "all day chemist." One day perhaps the clouds will dissipate and lo and behold a "clear sky pharmacy" will appear....................................................................................just saying.
there is currently.. There are companies that will send you a kit of different antibiotics for emergency use. Based here in the US. You talk to their Dr. and he approves the script. Simple

·
Registered
364 Posts
there is currently.. There are companies that will send you a kit of different antibiotics for emergency use. Based here in the US. You talk to their Dr. and he approves the script. Simple
I think you may be overlooking my message. There are alternative ways to obtain non-scheduled medications.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
you are correct. LOL shows how observant we can be at times...
You used to be able to get antibiotics from a legit pharmacy is Puerto Rico, I just go in and tell them my doctor wanted me to take 6 days of Cipro or whatever, and they would fill it with a tiny label that listed the dat, med , and dosing, but omitted their name and the Drs name. There are Hispanic stores in Miami that had OTC antibiotics just a few years ago, it helped if you have a native Spanish speaker with you.

On the other hand send you kids to a dermatologist and they seems to get a 3 months supply of dioxycline.

Both of my last 2 PCPs were always reluctant to prescribe antibiotics. I routinely carry Vicodin and 2 antibiotics to Alaska with me, both of them wanted to destroy the AB or hear a reasonable explanation of why I took them. The first doctor know I had a stash of ABs, and other drugs, and gave me Rx for most of them, she was OK with that, but she was not a fan of people self medicating with antibiotics. The second doctor would give-me a script for sleeping pills- I told him I only took 10-20 a year, the script would say 30 a month, 5 refills. I’d leave a voice mail for him, and he’d leave a Rx for the Vicodin ( which I did not ask for), and the sleeping pills ( which I needed if they showed up in a drug test.). In my mail box. But if a family member needed antibiotics, other than a tooth abscess, he’d want to run blood work or a strep test before giving antibiotics. Interestingly enough, he was handing out Rx for ABs with COvid to avoid pneumonia.

·
MyPrepperLife
6,355 Posts
I've self-medicated with antibiotics twice.

The first time was several years ago, during Christmas-New Year week. I knew I had a urinary-tract infection. My doctor's office was closed for the week. I had a stash of antibiotics from FishMoxFishFlex.com, and I had a book explaining how to use them. I did fine.

The second time was in the spring of 2020. I ended up with a dental abscess a few days after closure of dental offices was mandated because of Covid. I dosed myself with an antibiotic and was fine.

I used to say that I don't want to make a habit of self-medicating with antibiotics, but I think differently now. Because of all the shenanigans and propaganda surrounding Covid and the vaccines, I have vowed to stay away from the medical establishment to the greatest extent possible. Going forward, I'll be taking care of my own health issues whenever I can.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Antibiotics are like anything else. We all,,, well most of us are intelligent enough to learn about the uses of antibiotics. Dosages, durations, when to take them, when NOT to take them. Sure some idiots start popping heavy hitting broad spectrum stuff like Cipro when they get a cold. There will always be idiots. Why should those of us intelligent enough to learn about the subject be judged by the weakest links in society?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts