Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
The FBI and other gov. agencies need to be cleaned up for sure . Lots of corruption and thuggish tactics .

That said ;
The guy was asking for it !!!
What was the point of his video ? Why was he doing it ? Was he looking for a confrontation ?
Even though there is probably no law against what he was doing he should have known better than to mess with the FBI thugs .

·
Weed 'em and reap
30,938 Posts
The FBI and other gov. agencies need to be cleaned up for sure . Lots of corruption and thuggish tactics .

That said ;
The guy was asking for it !!!
What was the point of his video ? Why was he doing it ? Was he looking for a confrontation ?
Even though there is probably no law against what he was doing he should have known better than to mess with the FBI thugs .
Photography is not a crime.

·
Ingloriously Deplorable
2,637 Posts
Yup, guy was being a jerk. (Bothered to watch) First of all, its a security concern. You don't video/photograph government installations. On the other hand, bad guys aren't going to walk right up like this bozo here but take note that he had a handheld video camera but THE VIDEO was a bodycam hidden on his person. Unless the area is posted (here's a hint sports fans, some government installations ARE posted no photography and they can enforce that. Was this one of'em? dunno) he should be ok but no, guy wants to be a jerk and the FBI ultimately cited him.

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
the fbi can cite someone for cursing?
I would think not since the federal government is charged with protecting 1st amendment rights. At best the agent could file a personal lawsuit against him, however, I haven't watched the video and I don't know if he was given a fine for using bad language...

Cities, counties and states have ordinances about using bad language out loud in public ie someone yelling where those in earshot could hear and become offended and therefore a person could be fined for it by city, county or state law enforcement.

·
Weed 'em and reap
30,938 Posts
Yup, guy was being a jerk. (Bothered to watch) First of all, its a security concern. You don't video/photograph government installations. On the other hand, bad guys aren't going to walk right up like this bozo here but take note that he had a handheld video camera but THE VIDEO was a bodycam hidden on his person. Unless the area is posted (here's a hint sports fans, some government installations ARE posted no photography and they can enforce that. Was this one of'em? dunno) he should be ok but no, guy wants to be a jerk and the FBI ultimately cited him.
If he was on the public thoroughfare, it is irrelevant under the Open Fields doctrine. If the installation is open to the public, it is irrelevant under the Open Fields doctrine. If he was trespassing, he would have been charged with trespassing. If he wants to make a statement through the medium of film that there are too many secretive government activities, that is his right to do. They played right into his hands.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Homeland Security has sent out memos to all FBI, Police, and government agents that photographing government buildings is a Constitutionally protected act and not a crime. This guy and many like him go out and do this to help teach law enforcement that they work for us and not the other way around.

The guy has been arrested many times but always has the charges dropped when it goes before a judge. Because, he is not committing any crimes. Police always hate when you stand up for your rights and don't bow before them.

·
Yup
875 Posts
As my dad used to tell us. If you go looking for trouble you will find it. I figure the cops were just giving him a little street justice for tweeking their noses. Like the cops aren't going to investigate some moron filming their building in this day and age.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As my dad used to tell us. If you go looking for trouble you will find it. I figure the cops were just giving him a little street justice for tweeking their noses. Like the cops aren't going to investigate some moron filming their building in this day and age.
How do you consider him a moron? He did nothing illegal. What the FBI did was illegal. 3 of the FBI officers are now under investigation and the guy has a pending lawsuit which he will most likely win.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts