Survivalist Forum banner

Favourite shtf zombie movie?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All poll options are 2000+ produced (not considering their original). For me it would be 28 Days Later, but I would also commend some foreign projects like " rec ". If your preferred zombie survival movie isn't up there, what is it? I also liked Outpost for its creepy historical angle, but there's only so many poll options allowed :D: What makes you like/dislike zombie movies? I like the parallels drawn with contemporary society most, about how there is already a zombie culture in the masses. Plus the headshots.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Have to go with Doomsday
the concept of a virus that has to be contained by a government is such a good one,
take Dawn of the Dead...(btw i love that too) but its not believable, well its zombies... but Doomsday offers an insight into what could happen if a virus had to be contained and also offers a psychological factor on the choice you would have to make, i.e join the punk cannibals or join the quiet castle dwelling people, who would benifit you?, who would you fit in with?, would you want to go it alone in the wilderness for the 30 plus years that the story skips past at the beginning?

Anyway watch Doomsday if you can everyone :thumb:

·
yep that's me
573 Posts
no Resident Evil? Well guess I will have to go with Dawn of the Dead then, although Doomsday was a very close second

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also prefer realism but still find comedy in the zombie genre to be the best comedy :D: Surprised about the Doomsday talk, when I linked that film here most people dashed it. I checked it myself properly and also found it sort of boring.. It just wouldn't end? Acting was much to be desired too, that doesn't help realism!

·
yep that's me
573 Posts
I also prefer realism but still find comedy in the zombie genre to be the best comedy :D: Surprised about the Doomsday talk, when I linked that film here most people dashed it. I checked it myself properly and also found it sort of boring.. It just wouldn't end? Acting was much to be desired too, that doesn't help realism!
what helped me like Doomsday was the dark haired heroine dressed in black with the english accent:thumb: btw, I don't consider Doomsday a zombie movie, the virus killed people not made them zombies, I also don't watch any zombie movie for realism;)

·
462 Posts
I liked Dawn of the Dead. It was filmed in the mall up the road from here.

To this day I think it would be cool to ride a motorcycle through the mall.

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't consider Doomsday a zombie movie, the virus killed people not made them zombies
True it isn't strictly zombie and neither is Outpost (those are unkillable ww2 soldiers). Still meets the criteria of a shtf horror genre, but it makes for a bad poll option in comparison with the rest.

I also don't watch any zombie movie for realism
I prefer realism over comedy for this genre, as in genuine horror rather than humour spliced into gorey scenes. Both are good, but I have a preference:thumb:

·
V
21,713 Posts
Doomsday for me, :thumb:
28 Days later, :thumb:
28 weeks later, :thumb:
I used to love zombie flicks but tbh this day and age they're killing the whole feel of them scenario, you got frickin Ninja Zombies FFS!! :taped:
Watched the new Day of the dead this afternoon :headshake::(:xeye: I almost cried.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I know there were 2 day of the deads,one where they were in a mall and one where they were in an underground military base......the underground one was kool :zombie

·
Angry Libertarian
168 Posts
Hard for me to pick a favorite on that list. They all have their good qualities. However from a survivalist stand point I'd have to go with Dawn of the Dead, Land of the Dead and 28 Days later.

Even if I did pick Shawn of the Dead, mostly just because of sheer comedic value.

·
awake and aware
591 Posts
Night of the Living Dead.
It only goes through 1 night of hell but I think it did a good job of 'all hell breaking loose' and trying to hold down a house during the scenario.

·
under prepared patriot
333 Posts
I had to pick 28 days later because it seemed the closest to reality, but it was hard to pick it over movies like planet terror, Shaun of the dead and dawn of the dead. Also I give props to I am Legend because that seems plausible to an extent at least.

·
V
21,713 Posts
The new Day of the Dead is Like the OLD Night of the living dead, The old day of the dead was a Bunker, Both Dawn of the deads are in a Mall. They remake the old classic's using top notch special effect then screw it all up lol .

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
If I have to go with one on the list it's got to be 28Days later.
But my favorite Zombie movie is return of the living dead.
The scene with the zombie at the hospital saying....
"send more paramedics" is priceless. :rofl:

J

·
Sis vis pacem para bellum
69 Posts
It was me! i am the one! I just couldnt stand that Planet Terror had NO votes. The movie was crap but did look like a drive in flick. (always a plus)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
28 days was NOT a zombie flick. The antagonists in the movie were infected LIVE people. Calling 28 Days a zombie film is like calling Obama a conservative.

Have to go with Dawn of the Dead remake. Ving Rhames was the man! Jake Weber plays a great "everyman" who steps up to the plate.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts