Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
considering buying a windproof lighter
looking at the blazer original and the windmill delta
are there any others i should be considering?
thanks

·
Registered
446 Posts
If you are looking for everyday carry, you might try searching through the torch-style cigar lighters online. For a BOB you might also want to check out the Primus Power Lighter from www.primuscamping.com that weighs 1.7 oz. and can be refilled off fuel canisters that are almost empty using the Primus Filling Adapter.

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
Zippo

The tried & true Zippo and I don't even smoke. I do like to start a fire now & then, you know, the Charcoal Grill, Fire Place, & stuff like that.

Zippo's will dry out if left to sit. Other than that they're GREAT! You can use Coleman Fuel in them if Lighter Fluid is short. Naphtha, used for paint thinning, works as well. Stay away from gasoline or alcohols. Zippo's used to be made right here in the US; I don't know anymore since them & Case Knives merged.

Blazers are hard to find in the States. At least here in IN they are. Might find them at a high end Cigar shop.

My other choice for starting the grill is not wind proof but works great - a Propane Torch.

:upsidedown:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts