Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Ladies,

I was just wondering what your favorite would be? I personally loved my husband’s .45, but I would like to hear from you to see if there is something out there that would be better? Not for hunting necessarily (although I would mind hearing about those too), just to go to the range and shoot. Something small is what I'm thinking about, but I'm open to others!

Thanks!

EDIT: I would also love to know why you choose the gun you do!
Thanks

·
missed
11,239 Posts
Handgun: my Ruger 9mm p-94

Rifle: my M-4

I love love love my m4 I cannot wait to get another AR, would love to have a couple few of them. Not only are they my fav to shoot but they are down right sexy ass guns IMO :D:

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
My favorite gun would have to be my Springfield Armory M1A Loaded however the gun I would choose in a SHTF situation is my SPR MK12 MOD 0/1 (rifle) and my HK USP 40cal.
My wife's hands are pretty small and the full size handguns are to big but the HK USP 40cal Compact fits her good. The reason I chose these two primary weapons is I am Highly versed with them and both of them together weigh less then the M1A. The SPR with the right ammo (77gr)is capable of delivering shots on par with the M1A out to 600yds or so. I do enjoy shooting my .45's but the ammo is much more expensive and the guns and ammo side by side with the 40's are much heavier.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My favorite gun would have to be my Springfield Armory M1A Loaded however the gun I would choose in a SHTF situation is my SPR MK12 MOD 0/1 (rifle) and my HK USP 40cal.
My wife's hands are pretty small and the full size handguns are to big but the HK USP 40cal Compact fits her good. The reason I chose these two primary weapons is I am Highly versed with them and both of them together weigh less then the M1A. The SPR with the right ammo (77gr)is capable of delivering shots on par with the M1A out to 600yds or so. I do enjoy shooting my .45's but the ammo is much more expensive and the guns and ammo side by side with the 40's are much heavier.
I have slightly small hands to so thank you for all this info!

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts

How does the .40 compaire against the .45 in terms of range, stopping power, and reliability?

·
Happiness is 2 at low 8
1,403 Posts
Whereas your question was directed at the "Ladies"...

Let me tell you about my wife's choice. Years ago she said she wanted a Sig 230 .380acp... I, in my infinite wisdom, bought her a Walther PPK .380acp. She hated it; refused to shoot it. Ultimately I caved, sold the PPK and bought her the Sig. She loves it. It's big enough to fit her not so small hands, light enough to carry all day without problem (she used a Coronado gun purse < http://www.coronadoleather.com/view.aspx?i=69&c=2&p=0 >) and very accurate. We found the stainless version to be considerably heavier than the blue so she has a blue one.

Allan

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
How does the .40 compaire against the .45 in terms of range, stopping power, and reliability?

.40 S&W 155gr 1205fps energy 500ftlbs

.45 ACP 185gr 1000fps energy 411ftlbs

Recoil is lighter with the .40S&W and reliability will differ from weapon to weapon but the HK's are highly reliable as I have only had 1 stoppage in over 7000 rds and that's due to the WOLF ammo I tried to experiment with (never again).

·
Permanently gone
1,720 Posts
I have a lovely H&K Benelli shotgun. Autoloader, with extender tube to make it an 8+1. .12 gauge.
Preeeeeety...:D:

No handgun as of it, used to have several firearms, rifles, handguns, etc., but many years ago I married a guy with a record and sold them all (to a family member).
I miss my .41...yes, it was big, but it was a thing of beauty...
I am planning on getting a nice assault rifle, hopefully before the inauguration!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.