Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning a camping trip for 10 people in a couple of weeks. Normally, I'm cooking for 2-3 people, not 10.

Anyway, I'm trying to plan the menu. What are your favorite (and easy) camping recipes?

·
I didn't do it
578 Posts
I dont usually cook for 10 while camping either, but I make meat on a stick...pretty easy, bring a large freezer bag(or 2), some dale's sauce, and some bamboo skewers. I usually use london broil, but use whatever meat you want. cut the meat into 1/4 inch sclices and marinate in freezer bag for about 45 minutes, skewer and throw on the grill for about 10 minutes...never had any complaints....cant beat meat on a stick!

·
Primeval Tendencies
83 Posts
For that many people I'd get a bag or two of taters and a bag of onions. Taters can be baked in coals, sliced up and fried for breakfast (or any other meal), mashed if you feel like it. Onions mixed in with fried or hashbrowned taters are a good flavor booster and make it go a little farther. Also good cooked in coals. Taters and onions go well with any type of meat thrown in a skillet as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fried granola is easy, delicious, and hearty. Grocery stores carry it in bulk, just add some butter or oil, heat it up and enjoy.

If you can keep water boiling pasta is always a good bet.

Bring cheese - cheese fixed everything that could theoretically go wrong. When in doubt, add cheese. And maybe butter, it's good too. :cool:

·
Vampire Slayer
6,946 Posts
A nice and easy dessert:

Pour a can of applesauce in a pan that has a lid.
Top the applesauce with gingerbread mix.
Cover and cook on the stove (or over the fire) until a toothpick inserted in the gingerbread comes out clean.

The gingerbread will be steamed. Just spoon it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts