Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings - I am just throwing this out there in the event that there is the right person with the right interest out there to find it.

I have a farm place in TN that I plan to turn into a sustainable living/survival retreat. I am 41 y/o but have served in the Army for 23 years; I still have a lot of work left in me. I have a family of four with two children. I have some skills and others I am learning.

I am interested in talking to a family man about tackling this project collaboratively. The farm has a house ready for this family to occupy. I am not proposing a hired-hand, rather a partner. If you are seriously interested in finding a place for your family where you can live sustainably and securely as a hedge against bad times I would very much like to talk to you.

Bear in mind, I am not asking for money – I bought the place – but a long term mutually beneficial relationship. Not an intentional community, cooperative or boss/worker arrangement. As such, I anticipate that if this message finds an interested party we would follow-up with a lot of talking and hand-shaking before we both agreed.

Some of the things I can think of that would be disqualifiers up front would include: dishonesty, selfishness, drunkenness, laziness.

I am a Christian and want to associate with the same but I am wary of extremities as much as I am liberalism. I am not interested in associating with anyone that is so overcome with their view of race that it occupies their every thought.

If you think your and my situations may match and this opportunity interests you feel free to contact me.

·
2,978 Posts
Some of the things I can think of that would be disqualifiers up front would include: dishonesty, selfishness, drunkenness, laziness.
Damn! I was mentally packing my bags.

Let me know if you can lighten up on that drunkeness requirement (j/k).

Seriously though... Good luck. That would be a good arrangement for someone out there.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Barry,

My wife and I are both Christian. She is a 3rd grade teacher. She is from Chattanooga (born and raised) and her extended family lives there, as well as east-central TN near Jim Beam's factory.

We're seeking a situation like you describe. Where in Tennessee is your property located?

Porter

[email protected]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the comments and while I agree with the above posters that this might not be the best approach to finding folks you want to seriously partner with I am honestly without a clue as to a better solution.

I have followed, not participated, in survival talk for many years in preparation for the day I would make the move and build my own spot (yeah I just hoped things in the world would work out in my favor and wait for me to seriously prep). I know that in this world like the other there are decent and not so decent folks....Yet I hope.

Verg – my oldest will be off in college, my youngest in High School. There is a pretty good high school a little drive away – one of my neighbors sent his girl there. We have homeschooled in the past and my daughter enjoyed it so that is still a possibility.

Porter – the property is south of Lexington (western TN) if that helps.

In any event – I knew this was a long shot. Even if there are decent folks that find interest in my idea we might not all be able to come to terms with the details of the matter. Yet I hope….:thumb:

·
Behind Enemy Lines
3,408 Posts
Verg – my oldest will be off in college, my youngest in High School. There is a pretty good high school a little drive away – one of my neighbors sent his girl there. We have homeschooled in the past and my daughter enjoyed it so that is still a possibility.
:
gotcha. thanks for the reply. my 2 girls are in 6th and 2nd grade, so, obviously that aspect of schooling is on my mind. best of luck with your search!!!

·
Banned
742 Posts
Congrats for the poster for giving us an articulate, well-reasoned, and literate description. I'm sincere when i say I hope you find a partner who can meet your standards. My suggestion would be to get a written contract that defines the rights and duties of whomever you bring on board so there are no major misunderstandings later.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have offen wondered how to find people close to me that are survivalist also. That way we could assist each other if SHTF. Most of my nieghbors are good people that have live stock and such. Theres just no good way of asking "hey if the world comes to an end want to help me plant crops?"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts