Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
antisocial
76 Posts
Give a big thumbs up to Monsanto for all the poisons that have made many American's half brain dead. So brain dead that we'll gobble up all their GMO's and not complain when our women can't get pregnant and our men can't get a hard on. No wonder farmers are caving in and giving up under the threat of being sued off the face of the map by a conglomerate bigger than our government.

·
antisocial
76 Posts
I love the sound and thought of hope, Beekeeper. If we could only stop those chemtrails from killing everything that isn't Monsanto resistant. And stop the geoengineering/weather modification from causing droughts and floods in our farmlands.

How are the bees? Are they making a come back?

·
off-grid organic farmer
23,926 Posts
... How are the bees? Are they making a come back?
Honeybees were bred over many centuries to be docile and to produce honey; not to be survivors.

Honeybees have multiple factors killing them.

1- GMO pollen messing with their gut flora;

2- Varroa-mites and Tracheal-Mites have both developed stronger aggressive traits [and our FDA has made illegal all treatments that work good];

3- questionable side-effects from pesticides;

4- navigation interference from micro-wave repeater towers [cellphones].

No they are not doing okay.

·
A Hoosier not a Hillbilly
3,016 Posts
I think it was 80% farm families in 1920 vs. less then 10% now. Your right. We are in deep doo doo. But what can we do about it. I've got a med. garden. But I can't sustain myself and my neighborhood with that. We'll all have to group up and figure it out. There's going to be a lot of suffering but is'nt that normal throughout history?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
During the '30's depression, most of the farms were nearly self-sufficient. Now the % of farms is very low and the % of those that are mostly self-sufficient are extremely low. I live in a large farming area where much of the equipment requires GPS.
I have a neighbor that has a 64 row corn planter. It cost as much as a nice home. The local farmers require enormous amounts of fuel. Many go through thousands of dollars of fuel a day. There is a lot of mono-crop production.
They rely on parts shipped over night, GPS, electricity, irrigation, seed, feed, fertilizer, chemicals, etc., etc., etc.
I feel that the modern farmer is only slightly better prepared than the person in the city other than the safety concerns.

I believe that everyone should be doing all they can to produce as much of the food for their family as possible.
Stored food is great, but it won't last indefinately.

·
off-grid organic farmer
23,926 Posts
I think it was 80% farm families in 1920 vs. less then 10% now. Your right. We are in deep doo doo. But what can we do about it. I've got a med. garden. But I can't sustain myself and my neighborhood with that. We'll all have to group up and figure it out.
I remember Paul Harvey saying that today we have less than 4% in Ag, and that included grocery store employees.

... There's going to be a lot of suffering but is'nt that normal throughout history?
Yes.

But we are not helpless. We see it coming.

Maximize your garden area!

Find someone who has livestock and get manure. Go organic.

You do not have to feed your entire neighborhood. You need to feed you.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bye bye ?

Honeybees were bred over many centuries to be docile and to produce honey; not to be survivors.

Honeybees have multiple factors killing them.

1- GMO pollen messing with their gut flora;

2- Varroa-mites and Tracheal-Mites have both developed stronger aggressive traits [and our FDA has made illegal all treatments that work good];

3- questionable side-effects from pesticides;

4- navigation interference from micro-wave repeater towers [cellphones].

No they are not doing okay.
No bees no food no people.
Are there naturaly occuring areas where this is NOT a problem ?

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aaghhh......

During the '30's depression, most of the farms were nearly self-sufficient. Now the % of farms is very low and the % of those that are mostly self-sufficient are extremely low. I live in a large farming area where much of the equipment requires GPS.
I have a neighbor that has a 64' wide corn planter. It cost as much as a nice home. The local farmers require enormous amounts of fuel. Many go through thousands of dollars of fuel a day. There is a lot of mono-crop production.
They rely on parts shipped over night, GPS, electricity, irrigation, seed, feed, fertilizer, chemicals, etc., etc., etc.
I feel that the modern farmer is only slightly better prepared than the person in the city other than the safety concerns.

I believe that everyone should be doing all they can to produce as much of the food for their family as possible.
Stored food is great, but it won't last indefinately.
The industrial farmer is in debt up to his eyeballs too !
This is so easily used as a hook in his jaw. :mad:

·
Survivor
279 Posts
But we are not helpless. We see it coming.

Maximize your garden area!

Find someone who has livestock and get manure. Go organic.

You do not have to feed your entire neighborhood. You need to feed you.
I have already had problems with neighbors raiding my garden and uprooting plants. I decided to pass on a garden this year but I am still keeping up my garden seed inventory. If the economy goes into another depression, I will take my seeds and garden tools and go someplace where people are more willing to work together and not just take whatever they want.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bush gardens

I have already had problems with neighbors raiding my garden and uprooting plants. I decided to pass on a garden this year but I am still keeping up my garden seed inventory. If the economy goes into another depression, I will take my seeds and garden tools and go someplace where people are more willing to work together and not just take whatever they want.
Somw may have to grow in the "zone" like weed growers. :)

1 - 20 of 73 Posts