·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this has probaly been covered more times than you can shake a stick at
but since my family is the real reason i'm here.i in what some would call small
i live in a city of about 18,000 people with more in the country.i have wife
and two daughters ages 7 and 11 to think of i stock food as i can being
how we are not vegtable eaters no garden but have thought i may be able to sell or trade veggies.i have very lg first aid plus some other smaller ones.
water for 4 or 5 days for everyone.my bob or should i say bug home bag
because it would have to be very bad for me to have to bug out with
family.how do you deal with wife who some what understands don't
complain too much about prepping.what else do you do to make sure family is safe, warm, dry,and have a full belly.

·
Adaptable.
1,978 Posts
If your wife is on board, just a bit, as you say, start by prepping for winter power outages. You don't need the full Rambo assortment. If you have 3 meals and heat, that's just one more day you've survived.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your time and yes i started with small events now i need to move into longer
events weeks months years long but how much cash to keep in house or bank say i
manage to save 4000$ or 5000$ and it ends up not worth the paper it's printed on or my bank closes it's doors.is having goods or labor skills to trade a better investment than
saving money.

·
This site Sucks
831 Posts
Something to consider with having a family is boredom. Try a weekend without power/utilities. flip the main breaker on the electrical box, shut off your water to the house for the weekend and don't drive anywhere or run to the store or use the telephone. Survive for the weekend on things you have in the house. I have recently bought some board games and cards to keep in my stash for my 12 y/o. Keep the kids and wife busy doing something, otherwise you my want to kill them before the day is out! This will allow you to see what areas you will need to work on, what else you may need to stock up on, and you can use this time to teach the kids and wife some useful skills. (not how to text their friends or play makeup barbie!!!).My gal now makes suggestions at the store, when we go, of things that might be useful in a situation. Try it, it worked for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts