Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Forward, into the fray!
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both my daughters work in health care. To keep their children safe they have sent them to me. There are three of them, five yrs and under. Oh goody, Mom duty again. Several of the others have taken their kids out of school if Mom or Dad can stay home or the kids are old enough to stay home alone. They've all had telephone conference to decide who's kids will go where and when. They're all getting antsy for the children. I let a lot of my stores get a little low once most of mine left home but I'm building back up again now. If they're sending the kids to safety I'm not trusting anything.

Anyone else here already implementing your plans to pull away from the public norm?

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,910 Posts
It's not the kids dying. They know that?

You are at higher risk.

·
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
45,466 Posts
No plans to make any changes.
I am already very cautious of what I touch and don't I always wipe things down with antibacterial stuff. Constantly washing my hands and never touch my face. Nothing is going to scare me from doing the norm.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
No plans to make any changes.
I am already very cautious of what I touch and don't I always wipe things down with antibacterial stuff. Constantly washing my hands and never touch my face. Nothing is going to scare me from doing the norm.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's been my habit for years. I have an entire box of Dial Soap. Several bottles of anti-bacterial hand gel (hand sanitizer). I shop for groceries the moment the store opens at 6 or 7 in the A.M. I wipe the cart handles with the available wipes. I've seen way too many people in my life picking their noses then opening a door or pushing a shopping cart. I trust nothing and nobody.

Reactions: KoolAde2

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,910 Posts
There haven't been any available "cart wipes" at the local Walmart for weeks. People are just grabbing a paper towel and smearing it around which of course does nothing.

Far better to get a cart out of the parking lot the UV rays from the sun do a decent job there.

I am with NW on the toddlers, I would rather die, and I used to work in the church daycare with nothing but toddlers, for several years.

Reactions: Lagnar

·
Registered
281 Posts
Have fun with those babies! If you have a printer there are so many great printable for the littles to scribble on..look up home school printable😊

·
Registered
447 Posts
I would love to have my grandkids come stay with me. It’s exhausting but so much fun. I don’t blame your daughters. There aren’t a lot of things worse than being sick and still having to take care of kids. Hope you stay healthy and enjoy your babies. You’re very lucky.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
If your daughters are in healthcare then I think it's a good choice, if you can handle it. One thing to be clear on tho, we'll a couple
No visits from either mom or dad, video conference only ! You have no idea what mom or dad might be carrying.
Get a power of attorney or at the least a noterized permission letter allowing you custody and to care and make decisions concerning these new children in your care!

·
Registered
133 Posts
You're doing the right thing. Their parents will be sacrificing a lot in these weeks and you'll be doing a great duty by taking care of them.

·
Retired *****
18,242 Posts
At THIs stage of my life...
I'D RATHER catch the virus...
Me too. Taking care of fussy and demanding pets is bad enough.

I'm glad I'm not a grandma.

There haven't been any available "cart wipes" at the local Walmart for weeks. People are just grabbing a paper towel and smearing it around which of course does nothing.

Far better to get a cart out of the parking lot the UV rays from the sun do a decent job there.

I am with NW on the toddlers, I would rather die, and I used to work in the church daycare with nothing but toddlers, for several years.
I wouldn't worry about the cart wipes. Use your nitrile gloves if you have them, use your hand sanitizer if you have it, or ANY gloves you might have. Everything inside a store has been "touched" by somebody. The money, the card reader, the cold case door handle, everything. Disinfect once you get back in the car with your sanitizer or your bleach-on-a-cloth that you keep in a Mason jar. I'd even go so far as to wipe some sanitizer on my face.

===

I think I'm ready to bug-in for a while. I think the count in my state is up to 9 now with no community spread. 2 Ball players, 3 tourists who brought it here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts