1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Crazy
5,609 Posts
Its funny how those old vets would get shot come home and have a career there whole lives, and now days some many solders are disabled for the littlest things. I worked with a guy for a long while untill he was approved for his army disability. He had Post-traumatic stress disorder even though he never saw combat. Not sure how he worked for 2 years until he got approved.

·
Preparing since 1972
5,612 Posts
Its funny how those old vets would get shot come home and have a career there whole lives, and now days some many solders are disabled for the littlest things. I worked with a guy for a long while untill he was approved for his army disability. He had Post-traumatic stress disorder even though he never saw combat. Not sure how he worked for 2 years until he got approved.
I wonder how he got a disability for PTSD without seeing combat !!!!!!!!

·
veritas aequitas
2,253 Posts
I still have my uncles Flag and shell casings (21 gun salute) in a place of honor at my home, day by day we are losing more and more of the generation of Honorable men, and most around them have little or no interest of what they have been thru, or what they have done..... Rest in peace, Jack Mansell
Indeed. About 8 years ago when my son was about 9, we found ourselves riding a shuttle bus with an elderly gentleman who was a WWII vet. I made sure my son shook his hand so he could know for the rest of his life that he shook the hand of a WWII vet.

·
Weed 'em and reap
31,574 Posts

·
Weed 'em and reap
31,574 Posts
They were real men, as opposed to the 30-year-old Peter Pans we raise today.

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
Actually it's that so many more are surviving wounds which would have resulted in their death prior to body armor, and helicopter evacs. To say nothing of flights to Germany.

Evening of Nov 11, 2004. I was in the ditch on the side of the road working on a guy who suffered from an IED injury.

Before the sun was up he was at the hospital in Germany.

·
I'M READY!!
4,294 Posts
My old man was a II vet and drank 10 cups of coffee a day. I'm pretty sure if I had ever held a coffee cup like metrosexual-boy he would have back handed me against a wall!

hate to break it to ya but its not coffee pajama boy is holding....its hot chocolate.

hot chockywit to go with hiz jam-jamz :upsidedown:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.