Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
Personally for me, "2000 years of anyday now" is nonsense anyways.

But it's not very "Christian" to go shooting people for ragging on you for believing in fairy tales and the end of the world.

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Amazing what some miss when studying the Bible. This is such a very sad commentary on the way things become twisted in this world. I am dumbfounded.
D
God Bless
Amazing? I wouldn't a call it amazing. I would call it common in that most folks miss the message. The only person who has more disregards for your rights than a Bible thumper is a liberal.

·
Lux in Tenebris
6,914 Posts
Tragic....

I have a dear friend, smart guy, hard worker, etc., wife two kids and a dog, who is a Rapture believer...This is where it gets tricky for he and I to discuss prepping, cause he feels that he and his will be taken, thus spared, and this means no need for any kind of preps...

He wil go out and buy a 300.00 driver though.... :eek:

So, I have completely given up talking to him about politics, etc, certainly not being prepared in any way....

I don't get it.... :(

·
Proud "Neo-Confederate"
2,124 Posts
I believe the rapture is going to happen. However what i doont know or think is clear in the Bible, is how bad is it going to get before the rapture happens. lots of Christians disagree about if/when/how its all going to go down. So for that reason I prep.

·
Lux in Tenebris
6,914 Posts
I believe the rapture is going to happen. However what i doont know or think is clear in the Bible, is how bad is it going to get before the rapture happens. lots of Christians disagree about if/when/how its all going to go down. So for that reason I prep.
Can i get you to talk to my buddy.... :eek::

·
Registered
22,057 Posts
The bible clearly states that what is typically called by the religious world as "rapture" actually happens at the very end of time, not 3-6 months prior. The whole "One will be taken and the other left" in Matthew is clearly a metaphor for the suddenness with which the end will come, not a literal example of what would happen. If it were it would contradict portions of Revelation. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: blackkitty

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I think this is simply another sign of what the current stress level is in our society. Folks are unemployed, losing homes, jobs, cars, etc and they have no where to go. Those who are the weakest link in society break first. I think this guy was a weak link, and he snapped.

Probably gonna happen more frequently now as things get harder and time goes on. And the buttheads in DC aren't helping matters at all- in fact they are making things worse.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Same here.:thumb:

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Try to be civil

The guy that made fun of the believer was not civil.

It does not excuse in any way shape or form the shooting. But I refuse to directly insult a person's belief. From where I sit, it is not right.

I myself am not a rapture or end time believer. Those of you who have seen my posts will confirm that I am a very unapologetic liberal.

But mocking some one's belief is wrong and simple (politically correct) civil behavior should be the norm.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Not trying to make fun,BUT. I think I twas hearin som rap ture from a car that twas next to me at a light today. Political correctness sucks and will destroy the world !

1 - 20 of 34 Posts