Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a fallback location (BOL) is huge. In case your forced, burned, or whatever out of your primary location, you should have a secondary location already set up with cached food, ammo, and weapons. You should pick an area that is easily defensible, with as many resources as possible.

Because what happens if you are driven out of your primary location?

Same is true when engaged in combat, practice bounding back to a secondary location which offers good cover and concealment. Again a well defended position, maybe outfitted with a few mantraps/booby traps where the terrain is utilized to your advantage.

Just thought it was worth mentioning, keeps the minds working.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
The rule of 3 is a good survival rule. A back up for the back up! It goes for tools, knives, and all gear. It goes for bugging as well. If you think outside of the box a little it does not have to break the bank either. Something to think about.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Having a fallback location (BOL) is huge. In case your forced, burned, or whatever out of your primary location, you should have a secondary location already set up with cached food, ammo, and weapons. You should pick an area that is easily defensible, with as many resources as possible.

Because what happens if you are driven out of your primary location?

Same is true when engaged in combat, practice bounding back to a secondary location which offers good cover and concealment. Again a well defended position, maybe outfitted with a few mantraps/booby traps where the terrain is utilized to your advantage.

Just thought it was worth mentioning, keeps the minds working.

Well I have posted on this topic a hundred times on ten different sites. First of all I am at my Bol now. I bugged out in 2008. W e left the city and bought 10 acres on a small lake and turned it into a survival farm. We grow most of our food and raise all we need as far as meat. The lake and woods supply the rest. One of main reasons we bought where we did was a certain choke point 1/2 a mile from our house. We have decided that this is where we will defend the entire lake and all of us living here. swamps and bottomless silt protect us on two sides and we have the lake at our backs. Anyone coming at us must come up that only road and we have the high ground defending it. No one is coming up that road period. Unless they have a tank we will kill them all long before they even see our positions. But if we are driven off of that spot I have a fall back area of sandbag hunting blinds that encircle my house and again Im on the high ground and they will have to cross open ground under fire to get to us. I have used horrible thorn trees called black Locust to block other areas and force intruders into predictable killing fields. We are very well armed and do not fear any ordinary group. Military would be a different story. Facing an attack from the air or an armored vehicle like a Bradly or tank AND IM in the boat fleeing to the other side of lake which is our escape route. Then will will circle back using a secret path and ambush the ones who chased us out. Knowing the lay of your land is essential in defending it. Kingfish

·
Registered
652 Posts
Wow Kingfish! I thought we had a pretty secure location, but not near yours. I also have a BOL deep in the woods with darn good view and caches around the area, however my caches are very basic survival items, enough to protect ourselves and weather a winter with discomfort. I darn sure have some neat surprises in store for anyone trying to pry me out of our home - the Cong trained us well along with some modern pipe surprises and our weapons, Oh for the gubbermint boys, I is talking strictly slingshots!!. I also have a second location if things get really bad and it is well hidden

·
Ringin Your Gong From 600
7,683 Posts
Although I plan on staying put, I have a half-dozen back-up locations just in case. Some are better than others, but they are in three different directions out to about 60 miles away.

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
while its good to have plans I have 5 contingency plans for each plan

I am not one to put much stock in most of the crazy scenarios people here propose

my plan is to live simply and self sufficiently and if i have to go so beit ill just come back to my place a little later after things have settled down and if the hosue is no longer there take my axe and start felling trees and rebuild it i practicaly rebuilt it once i can do it again

Reactions: Tevin

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kingfish:

Great read on your defenses and I am so glad to hear someone is purposely trying to create choke points, fields of fire and i do like your fallback plan, hats off to you Sir.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts