Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gott Mit Uns
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body know where I can pick up the FAL bayonet that doubles as a flash hinder. Also does anyone know if they work or have a negative effect on shooting?:thumb: I recently joined FAL files but it does not seem to want to let me post. Thanks

·
Gott Mit Uns
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Plain barrel no flash hider. Figured it was not a great knife as most bayonets are not in my opinion. Was hoping it would help a little with the flash not really expecting much just thought I would give it a try. Any leads on one.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
Realistically there's little difference with good ammo between a flash hider mounted model and one sans flash hider. Except the latter is shorter.
Which isn't a bad thing.

My G-1 is about to get a thread protector installed instead of the original FH for length consideration. And we just fired two at the same time with the same ammo for comparison.

·
Gott Mit Uns
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did not want to do that, this is just a play around rifle. Just wanted the add on, thought it might help a little if I needed it as a back up. I prefere my CETME and Saiga in 308 if I was going to carry that caliber. I now your traditionalists jaws are dropping over my FAL being third on my list. (The CETME is even a Century):eek: My primary long gun is my Saiga lefty with aimpoint, eotech 3.5 magnification on flip to the side mount. Back up flip up iron sights. The FAL was the 4th gun I bought last month as well as 2,000 rounds 5.56 and 1,000 rounds 308. I need to chill a bit on the expenditures:thumb: Down the road I might thread the barrel but for now it will wait. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
You can't just hang the tubular bayonet out on a barrel. You have to have the flash hider in place to begin with. The holes in the bayonet handle correspond to those in the hider on the barrel. That's all. They don't constitute a flash hider alone and they need to flash hider to mount up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts