Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
My powder's dry,is yours?
556 Posts
It is quite interesting to note that God has created humanity as individuals.Individuals with different experiences,temperaments,abilitys and soforth.Also to note are those with skills for survival in adverse situations.Some gowing up in wilderness locations,military training and the like.
My faith is in Jesus Christ so the outcome is assured whereas my soul is concerned.That does not mean that I am a pacifist and a sheep of this world and its system.Right is right and wrong is wrong.There is no relative morality.

·
Nerd
157 Posts
I don't think my faith will come in to it all that much, but then I'm not devout anyways. I do think, however, that major religious groups would be some of the most dangerous people in an EOTWAWKI situation. Each religious group isn't a fan of the other, and I know a bunch of Christians and Mormons in my area that are bat-sh*t-crazy, and would raid your house in a second in that situation. Even in a small SHTF situation, religious groups tend to discriminate quite a bit about who they help.

·
My powder's dry,is yours?
556 Posts
So you believe that free will and God given talents are the key to survival in the long run?
To a point.Going on the concept that God has a plan for everyone and that plan involves telling the world of the sacrifice of Jesus.I believe that no matter what that, mission will continue even in a SHFT world.The love of God for us will not be dissuaded by the folly of man.So,some who do survive will still tell of His love.

·
Knocked Down But Up Again
5,579 Posts
I rely on Jesus every day...the poop hitting the fan will make no difference in my faith, unless it makes it stronger.

·
Throbbing Member
130 Posts
I think belief in a higher power and/or afterlife would be detrimental in a survival situation.

How many times have you heard people say things like "Its God's will", "or, the lord will watch over me". I think attitudes such as that could easily lead to giving up or expecting rescue in a survival situation.

I think, in a survival situation you have to be "SELF RELIANT" not reliant on some diety.

·
Throbbing Member
130 Posts
Reminds me of the old joke.....

There was a fisherman whose boat got overturned in a storm. He was drowning and then a rescue boat came to get him.

The fisherman replied, “No, god will save me.” So the rescue boat left... awhile later, another boat came to get him. The fisherman replied again, “No, I believe god will save me.” so the rescue boat, like the first one, left.

Then ANOTHER boat came to rescue the fisherman, and AGAIN the fisherman said that he believed god would save him.

He ended up getting hypothermic, and slowly drowned to death.

When he got up to heaven, at the gate, he asked god, “God, why didnt you save me when I needed you?”

and God replied, “I SENT YOU 3 RESCUE BOATS!! what more did you want?”

·
Registered
346 Posts
I do not expect any rewards in this world for believing in Christ(which I do). I will carry myself in a christian manner as best I can thru peace, war and pestilence. I am not a turn the other check type of christian and I am certianly not a pacifist . The Bible teaches me that there is hope even if it is in another world. I don't see how faith would interfer with dealing with extremely difficult times , it gives me strength.

·
Throbbing Member
130 Posts
I do not expect any rewards in this world for believing in Christ(which I do). I will carry myself in a christian manner as best I can thru peace, war and pestilence. I am not a turn the other check type of christian and I am certianly not a pacifist . The Bible teaches me that there is hope even if it is in another world. I don't see how faith would interfer with dealing with extremely difficult times , it gives me strength.
How does believing in God give you strength? Just curious....

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
First, why is this in this section. There was just a long thread the other day how spill over like this hurts the site.

Secondly...
I am not a turn the other check type of christian
Yah, because then you would actually be doing what Jesus told you to do eh. Nice.

·
Registered
346 Posts
How does believing in God give you strength? Just curious....
First, why is this in this section. There was just a long thread the other day how spill over like this hurts the site.

Secondly...

Yah, because then you would actually be doing what Jesus told you to do eh. Nice.
It helps me indever to presevere.

The turn the other check verse from the Bible was jesus refering to a insult or verbal assualt not to physical atack, He told his deciples to sell their cloak and buy a swoard. What do you think the swoard was for to clean their fingernails?

The way I see it is if a person does not like relegious talk they can just butt out and not jump into the thread, this one was kinda like self explanatory from jump street.
I also think that if a person doesn't like relegion or faith talk they should stand up on there hind legs and just say so instead of beating around the bush , a person should have conviction in their beliefs good or bad.

·
Iēsous
8,793 Posts
How does your faith in a higher being factor in to your survival & bug out plans... if it factors in at all?
For me it is,God gave squirrels the sense enough to prepare for hard times.

Much more wisdom he Granted to men.

this thread did not mention the ''end times'' from a Christian perspective
so i will not go there.

Faith is the first thing in my BOB

·
Iēsous
8,793 Posts
Exactly... doesn't do a thing for me...I try not to be judgmental but after a life time of living I am beginning to think religious belief is a psychological issue that has nothing to do with reality.
Agreed

Christianity is not a religion razor, its a relationship based on faith

I know to you this sounds strange but its that leap of faith that gets the ball

rolling, how in your life it would happen i can not say.

Scripture is clear

God can not lie

Scripture is clear

God rewards faith in him

1 - 20 of 53 Posts