Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Personally, I think that should be decided at the most local level possible. But whatever it is, it should be an equal percentage or amount for all citizens. Our current tax codes are an abomination.
Should be a national sales tax. Buy a $70,000 truck, you pay sales tax on a $70,000 truck. Buy a 92 Pontiac mini van, you pay sales tax on that. 40 dollar Walmart shoes, or 200 dollar Nikes. Same percent tax. No income tax.

·
BASS
2,243 Posts
Big business already pays most of the taxes that runs the US of A. Big business built this country. Who do you think hires people that builds buildings; builds roads and bridges; builds air craft; builds ships; cars and trucks; farm equipment and the list continues.... Big business has made this country what it is.
It was reported on Fox Business News that the rich pay 70 percent of the tax money that runs the country. It was reported the Dems are trying to gain as much control in the first two years because they don't think they will stay in control after the two coming national elections.
Don't believe AOC and her gang; don't believe Pelosi and Schumer; the far left people in control of the government. With Boden, Horrice and gang in control they are taking our rights away daily. The private ownership of firearms is high on their list. They are going to tax firearms and even parts and make many illegal. We are talking $200.00 per firearms tax and a test to even own one. Fake News will never report people being saved by a person with a legally owned firearm.

Right now Boden and his gang are bankrupting the US of A. At the same time giving money to people who "don't want to work and won't. They are taking money away from the military and weakening this country. And they are giving money to other countries to "help them keep people in their own counties.
We are an easy target for Russia and China. We are in big trouble.
Pray they don't take advantage of this weakened US of A.

·
off-grid organic farmer
23,911 Posts
I see no problem with a 'progressive' tax. If everyone was taxed at 20%, one person making $10k would pay $2k, another making $100k would pay $20k, while someone else making $1Million would pay $200k.

As it stands 47% of US citizens pay no income taxes. I have not paid since 1983.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I see no problem with a 'progressive' tax. If everyone was taxed at 20%, one person making $10k would pay $2k, another making $100k would pay $20k, while someone else making $1Million would pay $200k.

As it stands 47% of US citizens pay no income taxes. I have not paid since 1983.
That's a proportional tax, not a progressive tax. I'd prefer to just use a consumption tax with potentially credits (kids, age, etc). We need more people with more skin in the game. No skin in the game means not caring about insanely destructive spending and waste.

·
off-grid organic farmer
23,911 Posts
So long as only the wealthy pay taxes, let the most wealthy pay the most taxes. While the poor continue to pay the least, or none.

·
Registered
553 Posts
So long as only the wealthy pay taxes, let the most wealthy pay the most taxes. While the poor continue to pay the least, or none.
Is this a serious comment? Do you really think that some people should not have to have any skin in the game, but should have a say in how the revenue is allocated and benefit from that allocation? That is exactly what has gotten this country into the fiscal position it is in.

·
off-grid organic farmer
23,911 Posts
Is this a serious comment? Do you really think that some people should not have to have any skin in the game, but should have a say in how the revenue is allocated and benefit from that allocation? That is exactly what has gotten this country into the fiscal position it is in.
I served in the US Navy for 20 years, I have plenty of skin in the game.

Now my retirement pension puts me riding the line of 'poverty', I do not earn a wealthy enough income to pay taxes.

Under the current system, I would need to earn a great deal more before I could be taxed.

I am not as fortunate as all you rich ****ers who pay income taxes.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Fair share of what is the question? My take is cut taxes 50% accross the board, and in 2 years - see where the bleeding is in add back in only what is absolutely necessary. That's a stimulus I can get behind ... Think of the economic boom, with the added consumer spending with additional disposable income accross the board. You'd have a lot less crime and violence as well ... just saying.

·
the "d" from ban[d]
15,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You are a smarter man than me.
That's a proportional tax, not a progressive tax. I'd prefer to just use a consumption tax with potentially credits (kids, age, etc). We need more people with more skin in the game. No skin in the game means not caring about insanely destructive spending and waste.
What he said!

·
Chef,cook & bottle washer
315 Posts
Besides his service, at least he knows he pays 0….I don’t know how many ppl I hear bitch about how much uncle sugar takes from their paycheck…then they get it all back, maybe more…I’d trade them my estimated’s any of day of the week….no refunds here…

·
the "d" from ban[d]
15,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I agree there should be some minimum tax per head.

·
the "d" from ban[d]
15,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I served in the US Navy for 20 years, I have plenty of skin in the game.

Now my retirement pension puts me riding the line of 'poverty', I do not earn a wealthy enough income to pay taxes.

Under the current system, I would need to earn a great deal more before I could be taxed.

I am not as fortunate as all you rich [email protected]#kers who pay income taxes.
A pension is not a retirement plan. A man entering the Navy at 18 and retiring at 38 does not deserve an amount to retire on for the rest of his life without some other income.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts