Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the Ontario SP15 LSA and can tell me pros or cons about it. Just ordered it after seeing it on the "Man Woman Wild" show, and it looked awesome.

·
wandering through life
42 Posts
I guess no one has any experience with this knife. I was looking forward to some input, always thought the SP15 LSA was an interesting knife

·
What Smell?
69 Posts
Had one and used it on a two week camp out. It now resides in a box in my garage.

Pros
Comfy handle
Cheap
Did not break

Cons
Did not preform small camp chores well, cleaning critters, trap triggers
and what not
Constantly had to touch up the edge, just would not hold an edge.
It compromises most useful things for being a stabber and pry bar!

This is the problem with combat type knives. I much prefer my BK7, the flat grind and better steel really shines in day to day knife chores.

·
What Smell?
69 Posts
Some good alternatives that I do use are,

Rat 7
SP42

I have got to tell you the SP42 is one tuff knife and edge holding is good.

My current carry is a BK9 and the new Kabar MK 1 for utility stuff. On the Kabar MK1 it's only a week old but being 1095 CroVan its really holds an edge. I might have found the perfect camp utility and EDC it just feels natural, plus it's only $52! I have maybe 150 or more knives, a serious sickness maybe I should have a doctor label it a disease so I can collect disability to support it!

PS Tonight I just ordered 6 more Kabar MK1s in case the economy dumps. Now I am waiting for the Coldsteel Leatherneck knife, will be needing 6 of those too, perfect design and thickness!
I am also picking up 2 more SP42 incase Ontario does not reopen.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I like mine but its uses are limited. You might keep it in your BOB or your vehicle. Its not going to break on you or anything like that if thats what you're worried about, hey, its an Ontario knife.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts