Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.wandtv.com/news/executi...Kr9nUjGkCoqdr7QJH242LRF6VXC9FQWVHPy0zgnbfZ3Mo

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (WAND) - Champaign Mayor Deborah Frank Feinen has issued an executive order declaring an emergency in the city.
City officials said the emergency is related to the COVID-19, which is anticipated to cause an impact on the health of community members. Champaign Municipal Code allows the mayor to declare an emergency for a limited time.

Included in the executive order are ordinances that would give the city extraordinary powers to the Mayor.
Violating parts of the Open Meetings Act
Ban sale of firearms and ammunition
Ban sale of any alcohol
Closing of all bars, taverns, liquor stores, etc
Ban sale or giving away of gasoline or other liquid flammable or combustible products in any container other than a gasoline tank permanently fixed to a motor vehicle
Direct the shutoff of power, water, gas, etc
Take possession of private property and obtain full title to same
Prohibit or restrict ingress and egress to and from the City

·
Registered
793 Posts
GEE I can't see this going wrong and causing a panic and riots in the streets. You have to remember that one of the main industries is a college. Think liberal hyper educated idiots flooding the area.

·
Indefatigable
20,104 Posts
Ban sale of any alcohol
Closing of all bars, taverns, liquor stores, etc
Great idea! Send 1/4 of the state into the DTs and they won't have to worry about the virus.

·
Dodging bat clap
766 Posts
From the article: "There are no confirmed COVID-19 cases in central Illinois as of Thursday evening." (Emphasis added.)

Being prepared for the worst, maybe, but it seems a bit over-the-top, esp. if the citizens (and students) are moving towards more social isolation.

·
Registered
495 Posts
If I lived there, my hackles would be up. 100% of that Executive Order is unconstitutional, and I would not comply with one d**n bit of it. Taking private property and claiming title to It? Uh Uh, that would start a shooting war, methinks. I think they would run short on enforcers, in short order, either through attrition or just refusal to be a target. Do you think people would work all their life to gain something, just to have a tin-pot would-be Stalin take it with a whim???

·
Registered
123 Posts
Actually, the question is whether a lowly Mayor can do this.

Under a declared State of Emergency, both POTUS and Governors can do this.

Will be challenged later since this is WAAAAY over the top, and very difficult to tie gas cans to public safety concerns.

But be prepared to see similar measures everywhere.

Plus, it's a libtards dream to have to this kind of power.

-jack

If I lived there, my hackles would be up. 100% of that Executive Order is unconstitutional, and I would not comply with one d**n bit of it. Taking private property and claiming title to It? Uh Uh, that would start a shooting war, methinks. I think they would run short on enforcers, in short order, either through attrition or just refusal to be a target. Do you think people would work all their life to gain something, just to have a tin-pot would-be Stalin take it with a whim???

·
Indefatigable
20,104 Posts
How do you feel about the land, livestock, homes and businesses being taken away from CITIZENS living on the American side of the border to build the wall?

·
That'll be the day...
3,758 Posts
You keep Fred from buying another 45 and he can probably live with that for a few months. You ban him from buying another bottle of Scotch and you have a problem!

Likewise, do they actually want 50% of the women in that community without their wine?

·
reluctant sinner
17,473 Posts
Just pretend its Feb 1942 and you look Japanese (today that would be you sneezed, coughed or otherwise look like you have the flu) and the progressive demonrats are in charge.

You will find yourself locked up with like one bag of stuff, a weaponless BOB if you are lucky - no scissors, nail file, lighter, meds.... TSA compliant.

Rights? Ya tell that to the guys with jack boots and a gun at o'dark thirty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts