Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The 5 Will Survive
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm trying to put together a spreadsheet that I can use to keep track of my rabbits. What I would like to be able to do is input the date that I bred and then have it project the date

That the doe is due (30 days from conception)

When the litter is to be weaned (90 days from conception)

I already know the very basic commands with Excel, but I'm now where near being adept at it.

If anyone could give some pointers it would be greatly appreciate.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I will try to help. To calculate the formulas simply highlight the cell with the data you would like to project. Then, hit the formula icon on the toolbar, and type (x30) or (x90) for desired dates. Then, highlight desired target cell and and hit enter.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
OK, I've been messing with the formula on my Mac laptop and my suggestion won't work for a date value. There is a function to formulate dates - it's DATE360 - and I have been playing with it. My version of Excel is an older one, and an add-on to my Mac, so the help feature doesn't work. If you are using a PC you should be able to query DATE360 formula and get more insight?

·
Registered
494 Posts
An Easy way to do this is

=cell that has the breed date+30 =b1+30
=cell that has the breed date +90 =b1+90

Won't look pretty unless you have a date in the first field or you could use a If/then statement to hide it unless there is a date in the field.

·
6 Boys and 13 Hands
10,309 Posts
OK, I've been messing with the formula on my Mac laptop and my suggestion won't work for a date value. There is a function to formulate dates - it's DATE360 - and I have been playing with it. My version of Excel is an older one, and an add-on to my Mac, so the help feature doesn't work. If you are using a PC you should be able to query DATE360 formula and get more insight?
Windows excel has Days360 and it isn't what the OP wanted as it only returns the number of days between two dates.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Well this wouldn't be hard to do, but are you adding it to a more elaborate spread sheet or this all you want in it?

If it is all you are doing then Slats' solution is the fastest. Make two cells with the formulas he gave and then one were you enter the date, it gives you the two others. If you are actually wanting to input it and track a rabbit daily, which is what I bet you are doing as in a record for each rabbit then it would get more involved. I will gladly help you if you want to update an excel sheet.

Would need more info though about the sheet. Possibly a copy of it to work on and send you what changes. We use a lot of data based data on a Large spreadsheet at work. Nice to have things highlight and warn you when they are getting close so you don't miss them.

·
RVHOMESTEADER
17 Posts
Possible answer to your problem.

I don't know if you will like it but this video gave me what I was looking for. I found it during my research to figure out how to raise rabbits for food. I downloaded it and it calculates the dates for everything. It cost five dollars but it is working for me. It seems like what you are looking for. Please forgive me if it seems useless to you but I love it.
Here is the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOVJvmjWeAE

·
Registered
605 Posts
Did I do a dumb thing by paying for this?
$5 for that is not bad.. A large amount of time and knowledge went into that spreadsheet. If you use it all you are golden. If you only need Due date and Wean dates for a litter then I would have avoided that spreadsheet.. has a LARGE amount of other stuff.

·
RVHOMESTEADER
17 Posts
Thanks

After your reply I looked at it again and the only thing I may never use is the last page with the budget stuff. That seemed way to involved for me because all I want is help to get the meat food I need to live.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This has helped solve a similar problem I had, now just got to get all my data transferred from notebooks. I hadn't original thought I would use the budgeting area but thinking about it now it will help with planing ahead and stockpiling supplies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts