Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
When I go shopping for items to stock up on, I get a few of everything from five or six different stores. If I want to stock up on meat, I take a trip to an Amish store nearby. You have to buy in bulk, but I don't any problem with that and nobody looks at you like you're hoarding.

·
Premium Member
8,477 Posts
The Defense Production Act (1950) has hoarding provisions and they were used throughout Covid to try to crucify people who were selling and had stores of PPE. States have similar laws.

But beyond just law, weaponized MSM and social media can be used against you as well. After every blackout the local media will run stories on any gas station or market that stayed open but raised prices due to employee overtime and generator rentals etc.. People eat that stuff up. There are lots of videos on social media taken to shame people in check out lines. With baby formula,....I would definitely wait until this thing blows over before loading up on it at a store. The meth head and ghetto WIC Mommas deserve that formula!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
The Defense Production Act (1950) has hoarding provisions and they were used throughout Covid to try to crucify people who were selling and had stores of PPE. States have similar laws.

But beyond just law, weaponized MSM and social media can be used against you as well. After every blackout the local media will run stories on any gas station or market that stayed open but raised prices due to employee overtime and generator rentals etc.. People eat that stuff up. There are lots of videos on social media taken to shame people in check out lines. With baby formula,....I would definitely wait until this thing blows over before loading up on it at a store. The meth head and ghetto WIC Mommas deserve that formula!
CB Dad,

Excellent info !

At beginning section of the quarantine, I went to my discount grocery store and wore a 3M N95 PPE mask.

Someone questioned me if I was "medical personnel" or worked in our local rural hospital.

Well, I'm "well-traveled" so slam-dunked back saying I'm a volunteer emergency responder and given the N95 for required use.

In Virginia we do have a state law prohibiting price gourging (spell?). Fortunately we have a growing bloc of sober citizens saying that if costs cannot be offset by price increases, then the stuff, both goods and services, will leave the scene less the illegal black market.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Scared people willingly give up their liberty. Like covid, this is yet more deliberate fear mongering by the govt to try and take MORE control. Also like covid the plan seems to be to further divide the people. Vaccinated/unvaccinated will now be prepared vs unprepared.

The folks in charge and the complicit media should all be lined up and shot. They keep it up and that's what's gonna happen.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I'm concerned about something that I heard today out of Washington. When asked about the baby formula problem, Biden's new press secretary used the word "hoarding". This is worrying. We should pay attention. A shortage is in play... the government is Blaming people who stock up... those people are given a label...."hoarders"... next will come mild condemnation of said hoarders. This condemnation will grow more fierce. Soon enough these hoarders are going to be the newest targets of public outcry. Names will be named and the rats will be rats. How will this evolve? When preparing becomes hoarding... hoarding becomes stealing. We all become criminals.
molṑn labé applies to more than just firearms.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
I'm concerned about something that I heard today out of Washington. When asked about the baby formula problem, Biden's new press secretary used the word "hoarding". This is worrying. We should pay attention. A shortage is in play... the government is Blaming people who stock up... those people are given a label...."hoarders"... next will come mild condemnation of said hoarders. This condemnation will grow more fierce. Soon enough these hoarders are going to be the newest targets of public outcry. Names will be named and the rats will be rats. How will this evolve? When preparing becomes hoarding... hoarding becomes stealing. We all become criminals.
It's quite interesting that it's the government "hoarding" baby formula down at the border for illegal aliens. Just remember that whatever the MSM, big-tech, or government blames or warns you about...is what they're doing themselves...the truth is always 180-degrees from what they say.

ROCK6

21 - 27 of 27 Posts