Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator and Instigator
CRAP CREEK SURVIVOR
3,136 Posts
I would love to try out the "lightning fast one-handed "Assisted Opening" mechanism.

If you get it, let me know about that part!

I love how it looks; it is beautiful! (I have enough tactical, utility knives.) This looks like it could be a good EDC self-defense knife for those special times and places when nothing else will do...

Edited to add: I just watched the video in the link. It opens as fast as a switchblade! I fell instantly in love the second it sprang open! (My only reservation would be: will that blade open accidentally if slightly "provoked"?)

Reactions: 6.8SPC

·
"eleutheromaniac"
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would love to try out the claim for its "lightning fast one-handed "Assisted Opening" mechanism.

If you get it, let me know about that part!

I love how it looks; it is beautiful! (I have enough tactical, utility knives.) This looks like it could be a good EDC self-defense knife for those special times and places when nothing else will do...

Edited to add: I just watched the video in the link. Wow, it is barely legal; it opens as fast as a switchblade.

I would really, really love to have this knife someday!
I agree. It is beautiful. It truly is lightning fast. It is spring loaded both opening and closing. So I do have to be careful closing it, it is not a big deal, but once it is with-in about 2" of closed the spring closes it. It is not super high speed on the closing, but it comes very sharp.

The "Release" that locks the blade open, is a little hard to reach. It really is a beautiful and evil looking knife. The blade is intended to look evil, but it would actually work well for skinning big game. Worked fine at opening four large boxes today from Amazon.com. I paid $79.00 plus $3.99 shipping.

·
CRAP CREEK SURVIVOR
3,136 Posts
I agree. It is beautiful. It truly is lightning fast. It is spring loaded both opening and closing. So I do have to be careful closing it, it is not a big deal, but once it is with-in about 2" of closed the spring closes it. It is not super high speed on the closing, but it comes very sharp. The "Release" that locks the blade open, is a little hard to reach. It really is a beautiful and evil looking knife. The blade is intended to look evil, but it would actually work well for skinning big game. Worked fine at opening four large boxes today from Amazon.com. I paid $79.00 plus $3.99 shipping.
RE: the part that I bolded above... I noticed that in a different video that I watched, the spring on closing seemed to activate in the last inch or maybe half-inch, which may be much better than the 2" closing clearance...??

So was that a quirk on the video guy's knife?

Also that steel is the same kind that ice skates are made with. OMGosh.... that is tough.

'fraid this knife has spun its magic into my heart. I. must. have. this. knife! I watched that damned video three times already.

Lol, now I am just ruint.

·
"eleutheromaniac"
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I watched that damned video three times already.
This is "NOT" the type of knife I ever purchase, never. But like you I watched that video about 15 times, and there are at least a dozen other videos, I watched several times. I am not into tactical knives, or fantasy knife fighting.

Like you I was just mesmerized, and seduced by the videos, and the unique blade shape, and beauty of the grips. They were hard to find, and many places wanted $149.00 but about six weeks ago I found a reputable knife shop who said, "We don't have any, but we will have some, we don;t know when, but if you want to order it, we will not charge your credit card till it ships. It arrived today, I actually thought it was a can opener I had ordered, so I was happy to see it arrived.

I am going to now look around for a "Not Sexy" plain jane work knife that opens like this knife. Being 75 y/o and blind, one hand easy-quick opening knife will be useful. I cut a lot of 550 cord daily. Open a lot of cardboard boxes, and way to much junk mail.

·
CRAP CREEK SURVIVOR
3,136 Posts
I think we heard the sounds of the steel sirens and lost our minds, lol. But not in a bad way, no!

Color me ungrateful, I don't care, but somewhere in the back of my mind, I was thinking, "Boy I wish the other side of the blade was also knife-sharp from the tip on down a couple of inches...maybe let the pointy end work more...

That's just how I daydream. I would take this knife just like it is, in a heartbeat.

Reactions: SoJ_51

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
34,742 Posts
Nice lines and very unique. A nice addition to anyone's collection. Not too practical for most scenarios but would make a good skinning knife I imagine and might scare the bejesus out of a would-be attacker.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
What I call a 25 to life knife. Add the name Ritual, and a dozen DAs just got wood and don't know why.

SCUBA knives are also 25 to life knives. If you have one, you should know what every part does, when you would need those parts, and have a current SCUBA certification.

·
"eleutheromaniac"
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Easier to simply live in remote Alaska wilderness......where one need not worry about such silliness.

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
34,742 Posts
Unless they have a gun.
My favorite gun instructor told me once that a knife slash across a body part (arm, thigh, stomach, etc.) is more psychologically damaging than a bullet hole. Not as deadly but it has more of a "freak out" affect.

·
Over and Out
4,230 Posts
.. It really is a beautiful and evil looking knife. .. but it would actually work well for skinning...
Nice.. Blade design wouldn't, personally, be my 'EDC choice', but yeah, could certainly see it making quick work of Rabbit-prep, et al.. And, re: 'Evil looking', indeed, I could Easily see it tucked into a 'garter' of the likes of someone like, saaaay..

..or, stashed "Somewhere", heh.. ;) ..but, yeah, if the back-side 'tip' were Also honed to a razor.. Could make Quick work of a 'femoral' if it ever needed to.. Certainly qualifies as a "badass blade".. (y)

jd

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
34,742 Posts
How would he possibly know that?
Not sure. Something he learned in military training & psychological warfare. I actually thought about it and sort of see what he's saying. If I looked down at my arm and saw it filleted I might be more shocked than if I saw a 9mm entry wound. But I guess we won't know for sure unless it actually happens.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts