Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a site that is good to book mark or better yet, Print out the instructions and put them in you kitchen cabinet inside the door for reference. this may save your dogs life.

http://puppyintraining.com/dog-cpr/

This is for my Cat loving parents out there. http://www.youtube.com/embed/AdjvBwKJLCk?

You may be the only person who can save your own animal. I have these printed out and copies in my BO folder, and inside my dish cabinet.

Take Care, CYA, God Bless ~ Part Time.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found out to late T_T , wanted to pass it on to others in hopes that they will not have to suffer through such a totally helpless and humbling experience. Never Again !

Take Care, CYA, God Bless ~ Part Time

·
SEMPER FI
545 Posts
Thank you, I printed out a copy to show my wife.

I have already had to do the Heimlich maneuver on my Min Pin after he snatched up a meatball that feel off my plate, he quickly grabbed it and proceeded to choke on it because he tried to immediately swallow it knowing i'd try to grab it, and meat sauce was coming out of his nose and he could not breathe. I calmly grabbed him, put my two fingers (middle & index fingers) under his body where his ribs separate like the spot you do compressions on a human, pressed firmly in and up twice and BAM dislodged it. Phew close call. It seems i'm always doing something to save my pups, my Yorkie was choking on a Pupcorn treat last week so I had to reach into her mouth and pull it out of her throat. Don't be afraid to get in there folks, and remember to keep calm and do not panic.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have already had to do the Heimlich maneuver on my Min Pin after he snatched up a meatball that feel off my plate, he could not breathe. I calmly grabbed him, put my two fingers (middle & index fingers) under his body where his ribs separate like the spot you do compressions on a human, pressed firmly in and up twice and BAM dislodged it. Don't be afraid to get in there folks, and remember to keep calm and do not panic.
:thumb:

words to live by! It is a real relief to have some idea of what to do in an emergency. I hope others will take the time to look at the illustration and know how perform CPR on a family pet, it may not be your own dog or cat that needs saved.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:thumb:We are here to have each others back ! I am glad to see people are looking at it, I hope more will take the time to learn it and if they can, print out some copies for themselves and friends.

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,836 Posts
Good tip. It will help keep the meat fresh until you can properly jerky it.:thumb::eek::D:
As usual, someone can't keep from going to helping pets to eating them. :(

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,836 Posts
You must be a cat lady.
:D: How's you guess? But yes, I am but I am a dog lover too. Have had many dogs and would have 1 now but don't have a fence and I refuse to chain 1 up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts