Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner. This is the Lord's doing; it is marvellous in our eyes. This is the day which the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Ps. 118:22-24

Father in heaven, i thank you for this, Your sanctified day. That we may take respite from the labors to which You set us for Your glory. That we may guiet our spirit in seeking Yours. I thank you, Father, for your holy Son Jesus, by whom we have our beginning and in whom we seek Your will and through whom will be achieved Your goal. Father, teach us by Your Word and Your Spirit. Amen!

Jesus, the Way the Truth and the Life. The key stone, which holds fast the Kingdom of God. Teacher, healer, preacher, example for our lives.

To know Jesus is to know the Father, "I and my Father are one..." Jn.10:30

To know Jesus is to know the truth, "'And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him. As he spake these words, many believed on him. Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, 'If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.'" Jn. 8:29-32

I don't know about you, brother and sister, but i know that there is a lot that i don't know yet. Worse still, i know that there are too oft times that i don't do what i know Jesus would. I know Jesus, not as well, perhaps, as He would like,.or as well as i believe i ought to. The question presenting itself is; Do others know i know Him?

"By their fruits shall they be known." Well sometimes i feel kinda fruity, sometimes, though, the growing season is short-lived. But what other means proves that we know Him?

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye may not sin. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But he who keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also to walk, even as he walked." 1 Jn. 2:1-6

His yoke is easy and His burden is light, His commandments are not grievous. Not a regimen of ritual and sacrificial slaughter, nor a tribute to a priest or preacher. Simply a deep desire to do those most basic things in which He delights!

To Him alone who is worthy of all honor and glory and praise!!! Amen

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Amen! The actions of a Christian should make him or her stand out from the crowd. What a Christian does and how a Christian lives should be something much different than what the world does and how the world lives.

Doing what's "popular" or "mainstream" is easy. Blindly following the customs of the world takes little thought. Abstaining from the ways of the world takes effort, purpose, study, and consideration.

Father in heaven, bless our brother, surveychief, on this sanctified day of rest. Thank you for his remarks concerning Your Commandment that we shall rest on this day. Thank you for giving us a day of freedom in which we can honor and worship You, Father, and rest our weary bodies and souls. Thank you for releasing us from the binding chains of earthly activities, pressures, responsibilities, customs, habits, and strife. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray and thank You. Amen.

·
Banned
9,294 Posts
Shabbat Shalom!

Though I personally do not believe this is the 7th. day Sabbath being spoke of here (fasting...day of atonement...high sabbath), there are some wonderful principles that we certainly strive for...and what Father truly accepts as valid, true motives...

1Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.

we are sill called to be a voice to others and strive for proper understanding of His true Ways...

2Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.

sounds like a heart issue...whitewashed tombs...

3Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours.

with wrong motives...Father will ignore us for our own good...

4Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high.

it seems they were truly missing the point...

5Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD?

vain worship...dead works...time for a tune-up...

6Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

these things please Father...!

7Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

compassion...reach out...value others above ourselves...!

8Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy reward.

a new morning...light is coming...Father will "have our back", health, righteousness...glory of the Father...!

9Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;

instant prayer response...unleash the burdens...stop your accusations and prideful ways...

10And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noon day:

brightness as noon-day! out of dark obscurity comes the brightest light of the day...noon day...!

11And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

what mighty, precious promises...!

12And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

the waste places need rebuilt...the old foundations that have been lost for so long...we need to repair, raise up, rebuild, retore the true paths...!

13If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

14Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Empower us Yahshua, make us builders and restorers, help us to reach out to others in ways that please you, demolish the greed that we all harbor...for all is yours and not ours. Help us with our stewardship with what you have entrusted us with...teach us more about your conditional promises...the "ifs" and "thens"...apart from You, we can do nothing. Dwell within us mightily, remove our cancerous, sin filled hearts that we may willingly please You without impure motives that beset us. You have us right here for this time in His-story...may we all be in step with You and in tune with you, enlarge our borders, empower each of our words that speak truth and glorify You!

Thank You for this Sabbath rest! Thank You for setting apart this day to spend with us! We are Your children and we love You! Bless You, praise You!
HalleluYAH! In Yahshua's Name I humbly ask and pray...amen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts