Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I stumbled upon this while surfing videos..

This is the first video

This is the second video, a update one. It sounds like they are treating her like she is dead! They want someone to have access to her home, her banks, her checkbook! They are taking away her libertY?

Her story is here: http://www.prlog.org/10360029-dont-...-cuyahoga-county-adult-protection-agency.html

Anyone ever heard of stuff like this before?? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: my heart broke watching her cry! She sounds completely competent and sane yet they are treating her like crap!

·
Keeper of Tomes
1,704 Posts
Interesting story. It seems to me the doctors made a good case in court. Its very unusual for courts to revoke POAs and patient wishes. They had to somehow prove she was a danger to herself. We need more information?

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
not much point to living longer these days when the government wants us to croak when we are no longer useful to THEM like a friggin bee hive...

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Good grief!!!! If my dear grandmother were still alive she would be about this ladies age. There is so much bad in this world that needs correcting but I don't understand overreaching government workers who latch onto something and won't let go. Like so many things in this world, they chose the "win-able" causes whether they are right or not instead of taking on the unwinable situations where they fear being called names like racist. What's an old lady going to do to fight them? Most likely nothing so there's no risk. Except they didn't remember Dean and his friend Betty, who won't lay down and take their abuse. I realize I don't have all the facts here and it's one sided. However, her long-term doctor saying this lady is being cared for, Dean - from a hospital bed making calls to make sure Miss Evelyn is looked after and Adult Protective Services supposedly finding nothing amiss in this ladies bank accounts tell me she is being cared for and not being ripped off. I hope someone in Ohio can look into this for us and provide more information. This story has me very upset. Just because she is 90 doesn't mean she is incompetent and it certainly doesn't mean the government should be allowed to step in and take over her life, imo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts