Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ladies and gents, I'm trying to get a group of us together for regular meetings. My hope is to get a group of us together for several different reasons.
1) build a community of like minded people to discuss anything and everything related to survival, bushcraft, prepping, edc, gear, and general prepper discussion.
2) provide support for people who may not have a plan or a group to bug out with. This includes anyone interested in prepping who may not know where to start, single people who don't have a group they can rely on, or anyone just starting in prepping.
3) possible gear swap of sorts. Most of us have gear that we can go with out or trade for something we need.

I'm sure I've forgotten a few of my ideas. But we need to build a community so we can stay connected.and help others who may now where to begin in this long journey to preparedness. Any one interested reply to this post and spread the word. I can not do this alone.

Thank you for reading, Anthony Griffin

·
Just livin'
2,466 Posts
What you really need to do is look into the Oregon social groups. There are a couple of them.

Basically, what you just did was post to planet earth what was meant to be for a specific geographical area.

Kudo's for ambition!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What you really need to do is look into the Oregon social groups. The are a couple of them.

Basically, what you just did was post to planet earth what was meant to be for a specific geographical area.

Kudo's for ambition!
i under stand and i was probably a bit eager. i did post it to the oregon page but no hits and i figured that people see the general discussion more than the one page. i am new to using the forums (member since may-ish but just recently started posting) thanks for the kudos, next time ill have a bit more patients.

·
Just livin'
2,466 Posts
i under stand and i was probably a bit eager. i did post it to the oregon page but no hits and i figured that people see the general discussion more than the one page. i am new to using the forums (member since may-ish but just recently started posting) thanks for the kudos, next time ill have a bit more patients.
Don't worry about it too much. I'm a member of a number of groups around here and yea, they can be slow to respond at times. If at all.

Don't get in a hurry and it will all work out. I've personally met over 25 folks from these boards from the Pacific Ocean to the Rockies. (I don't kiss and tell so don't ask)

Slow down, take some time to get to know people and then it will just work itself out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't worry about it too much. I'm a member of a number of groups around here and yea, they can be slow to respond at times. If at all.

Don't get in a hurry and it will all work out. I've personally met over 25 folks from these boards from the Pacific Ocean to the Rockies. (I don't kiss and tell so don't ask)

Slow down, take some time to get to know people and then it will just work itself out.
thanks for the advice. i am somewhat new to the area and dont have the outlet or support that i had back home. i am not used to now having a group that i can count on when SHTF. but you are right about patience . thank you for the response.

·
Registered
425 Posts
thanks for the advice. i am somewhat new to the area and dont have the outlet or support that i had back home. i am not used to now having a group that i can count on when SHTF. but you are right about patience . thank you for the response.

Griff, hate to tell you this, but, you live in one of the worst places in the state to expect anyone to support you like they did where you come from. 3 words, Liberal, Liberal,Liberal. = Eugene/Springfield

·
Professional Lurker
4,105 Posts
Griff, hate to tell you this, but, you live in one of the worst places in the state to expect anyone to support you like they did where you come from. 3 words, Liberal, Liberal,Liberal. = Eugene/Springfield
Hey now, just because there's a bunch of leftist wacko's in the area don't assume we all are. :upsidedown:

I'm up for a meeting, just shoot me a PM with the details.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My husband & I are ready to meet, just let us know. We are from the Eugene/Sprinfield area and in no way are we liberal (thats a bad word in our house), I do agree that most of this area is, not our friends though. Let us know when and where :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts