Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm learning about the medicinal aspects of essential oils, and I'm impressed so far -- particularly with the longevity of the oils for long-term storage. I know many people with Lyme disease and live in an endemic region, so of course, I'm concerned with antibiotic availability in the event of collapse. Essential oils appear to offer some defense. Is anyone interested in more information as I get it, or has anyone already researched them as viable long-term storage solutions for when other medicine is no longer available?

·
Believe in Yourself
4,495 Posts
I'm learning about the medicinal aspects of essential oils, and I'm impressed so far -- particularly with the longevity of the oils for long-term storage. I know many people with Lyme disease and live in an endemic region, so of course, I'm concerned with antibiotic availability in the event of collapse. Essential oils appear to offer some defense. Is anyone interested in more information as I get it, or has anyone already researched them as viable long-term storage solutions for when other medicine is no longer available?
I always have a minimum of at least tea tree, clove and oregano oil on me at all time. Too bad there is so little interest in it. High potency,takes up little space and long shelf life makes it a must for me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the validation, alergyfree. I love the idea of them and am finding a lot of people with anecdotal evidence of efficacy. What I really love is that they last a long time, so it's SOMETHING in the event no other meds are available.

·
Believe in Yourself
4,495 Posts
Thanks for the validation, alergyfree. I love the idea of them and am finding a lot of people with anecdotal evidence of efficacy. What I really love is that they last a long time, so it's SOMETHING in the event no other meds are available.
You bet! I have oils that are 30 yrs old and still got plenty of punch. Pretty sad anything with the natural label is automatically assumed worthless.
Something almost evil about that.

·
silenced
3,002 Posts
interesting statement that got me more interested in eo's.

when they rediscovered king tuts tomb they found the eo bags were drained of the oil. they were stolen over the gold and statues. that was a powerful statement to me

i personally use thieves blend, peppermint and lavender most. i also use other various blends for different things. im a big fan of eucalyptus eo. their all so good

another thing i always remind about is getting 100% therapeutic grade oils. some cheater brands have been known to use synthetic oils which dont have same healing powers.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Peppermint oil rubbed on to your temples is really good at getting rid of headaches. I use it then take a nap if I have a migraine before medicating most of the time no advil is needed. My wife is slowly trying to learn apothecary arts.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's a brochure floating around for essential oils to fight Lyme disease, so I'm assuming it may help with some other infectious diseases, too. I'll post when I get my hands on it.

·
silenced
3,002 Posts
There's a brochure floating around for essential oils to fight Lyme disease, so I'm assuming it may help with some other infectious diseases, too. I'll post when I get my hands on it.
thieves oil blend is from a band of gypsys in old europe during black plague time. the band of 4 gypsys went and robbed the dead plagued victims without catching the black plague. years went buy and royalty finally caught them. they were given ultimatum of death or sharing secret of not catching black plague with direct contact. they shared secret. spared life. secret was they covered arms and bandana with theives oil blend to kill infection.

theives blend is clove, cinnamon bark, lemon, eculyptus, rosemary. some say it was in vinegar too, but im not sure on that part. either way. excellent blend and wonderful properties

http://www.secretofthieves.com/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts