Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would post my equipment update. Nothing much has changed, I am sure by now most of you will know my preference for sustainable equipment & methods rather than modern gadgets.

This is my new original 18th century fire steel. As you can see, it has been well used over the past 300 years but still works just fine.

I made this new copper kettle because I wanted something smaller & lighter than my brass trade kettle. The powder measure I made for my new pistol.

Nothing much has changed here. I made myself a new friction blade clasp knife with a stag horn handle, & I have added a new pistol. This one is .70 caliber, which I have named "The Beast".

This image shows the new ramrod I made for the pistol. The original was made of iron, but like many muzzle-loading arms the original ramrod was too short to be practicle. So I made a new ramrod from wood & made an antler tip for it.
Keith.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Making A Kettle.

I did not have to make the whole thing from scratch, it was once a mixing bowl. All I had to do was add ears for the bail & change the shape of the base.

I am still not happy with the results though, & will keep looking for a light alternative.
Keith.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts