Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I sell US Military MRE's
6,477 Posts
Nice optics. I like the ability to add on a magnifier to an optic but I don't necessarily like the concept adding any second piece due to weight and it simply being something else to add on. I guess it covers both worlds, cqb and distance. I'd love to have one of these or an aimpoint aswell.

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
I have almost the same set up. AR w/ EOTech 557 and 2nd gen 3x FTS magnifier. I found it better to move the magnifier back a bit from the HWS to better distinguish the BDC site picture. If your HWS only has a single red dot, I suppose it souldn't make a difference.

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have almost the same set up. AR w/ EOTech 557 and 2nd gen 3x FTS magnifier. I found it better to move the magnifier back a bit from the HWS to better distinguish the BDC site picture. If your HWS only has a single red dot, I suppose it souldn't make a difference.
No this one that is on here now has the two dots, the other one I have the 516 has just the one dot.

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
Not familiar with the 2 dot. The 557 has 4 dots stacked vertically and can be difficult to even distinguish without magnification. I found that even with the magnifier, I had to move it back to give better magnification of the site picture, LOL.

Reactions: Gunner65

·
Premium Member
12,717 Posts
i use the 512 on my armalite, thought about using a magnifier but i like the 512 as is, if i put anymore optics at all it would probably a scout set up......

·
Registered
200 Posts
Here is a photo of the first set up with the EOTechs.

Nice ammo storage...
A couple of things come to mind.

1. Where are your BUIS? Sooner or later your EOTech is going to not be there for you if you shoot long and hard enough... Turn itself off, malfunction or you will have forgotten to turn it on or something. You need BUIS.

2. Dump the magnifier. Why? If you're skilled using irons/the EOTech, you should be able to hit a man-sized target out to 500m, if you're skilled and trained to use your rifle. Target identification is all you (might) gain out of this, but really, have you not already ID'd your target? It's extra weight. And when "disengaged" it's a PITA.

3. Dump the bipod and install a good sling. Also pick up a nylon loop sling for precision work. If you don't know how to use a good loop sling (GI ones work well), go to an Appleseed. You'll get as much or more stability with the sling as you'll get out of that bipod. Again, you'll realize weight savings.

Like the ammo storage. Have all the cans been labelled on the exterior?

John

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A couple of things come to mind.

1. Where are your BUIS? Sooner or later your EOTech is going to not be there for you if you shoot long and hard enough... Turn itself off, malfunction or you will have forgotten to turn it on or something. You need BUIS.

2. Dump the magnifier. Why? If you're skilled using irons/the EOTech, you should be able to hit a man-sized target out to 500m, if you're skilled and trained to use your rifle. Target identification is all you (might) gain out of this, but really, have you not already ID'd your target? It's extra weight. And when "disengaged" it's a PITA.

3. Dump the bipod and install a good sling. Also pick up a nylon loop sling for precision work. If you don't know how to use a good loop sling (GI ones work well), go to an Appleseed. You'll get as much or more stability with the sling as you'll get out of that bipod. Again, you'll realize weight savings.

Like the ammo storage. Have all the cans been labelled on the exterior?

John
Thanks John
You have to trust me here, I know how to use this equipment...:thumb:
But you have some good points.
Gunner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts