Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok. So I just traded a .38 snubnose for a eotech 512. I mounted the sight and turned it on. So I figure I'll just adjust the elevetion and windage to line up my iron sights. But I can't get the reticle to move by adjusting the screws.

I'm new to optics. So what's going on?

thanks,
john

Took the batteries out and put them back in (two little black bushings too); the reticle is fuzzy now.

·
Warrior Trying tobe Civil
1,880 Posts
Adjust the brightness control and see if that sharpens up the display. The zero adjustment are going to need a lot of turns to get them lined up, have you turned them 20-30 clicks and seen a difference?

Best Regards.....Eagle Six

·
Warrior Trying tobe Civil
1,880 Posts
Are you talking about the one piece rubber bushing that encapsulate the contact terminals in the sight housing.....the one you shouldn't take out? Or the rubber bushing which encapsulate the contact terminals in the battery compartment....the ones you shouldn't take out? How did you get them things out anyway? It shouldn't make a difference, as long as the AA batteries will still make contact.

Best Regards......Eagle Six

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lots of clicks did it

Yep I feel kinda dumb. I turned the knobs a very considerable distance and finally saw the reticle move.

Yeah, both of those black buffers came out (from battery case)- one was on top and one was on bottom. To get it to work, I placed one on each negative pole; I figured that they might be to help the flat ends to make contact. Well, it works.

Regardless, I am glad to have made the trade and the sight is adjusted.

Anyone know how to download a manual?

thanks,
john

1 - 7 of 7 Posts