Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright,

suppose the world ends in a giant thermonuclear firestorm, the radiation subsides and your contingency plans works like a charm. You survive.

Then what? Rebuilding society? Ok... Repopulate the earth? (impregnation galore!)

What about entertainment? A bored mind is a unhappy one. What are you gonna do? Play boardgames, read, see those movies you always wanted to...

Me, I'm gonna play some guitar. I'm a big blues fan. If it's TEOTWAKI I'm gonna become Seasick Steve. Google around for him, you'll like it.

So, in short: how are you gonna keep yourself entertained? Discuss

·
Preparing...
1,302 Posts
Pens and paper, you could do some drawing. The stuff wouldn't take up much room.
Get some survival books and a bible, best reading you can do.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Seasick Steve is real good - glad to see a REAL musician out there instead of all the mass-produced manufactured "Idols" out there... Love his Mississippi Drum Machine - the guy is a legend!!

I`d be playing plenty of Texas Hold`em & Pontoon with my new deck of survival cards.
(presuming I had someone to play with !!)

Books have a good dual purpose (knowledge & kindling), probably spend some time raiding the local library...

·
Never Give up
7,579 Posts
Real easy

Work like hell during the good months and take car of other stuff durring the winter months. Some people dont understand thats how alot of the viking stuff was so ornate. They would build something it the summer then winter stuck inside get bored and say hummmmmmmmm thqat would look good with a little carving a little more alittle more and so on and so on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would sleep... I mean sleep like a bear, hibernate. God help us if a disaster like that happened but if it did, I'd sleep it all away LOL... I'd finally get some sleep :-|

·
Nemo May Impune Laccesit
317 Posts
Me, I'm gonna play some guitar. I'm a big blues fan. If it's TEOTWAKI I'm gonna become Seasick Steve. Google around for him, you'll like it.

Just took a listen to Steve, he's the real deal! I just Discovered Buddy Guy, have you listened to him? Music in some fashion will be essential if everything goes to hell. At that point I think the 'Blues' will be universal for all of us.....:thumb:

·
Registered
202 Posts
I would store up batteries, hook it up to a Xbox 360, and play fallout 3.

what?....

"Democracy is non-negotiable"
-Liberty Prime.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts