Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Still standing
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/10...says-war-like-detroit-is-unsafe-for-visitors/

Detroit cops warn people to stay out of Detroit, a city they are currently unable to defend.

Isn't this just totally refreshing! Not meaning to be too cynical, but here we are reading TRUTH. How often is it that you hear such cut-to-the-chase TRUTH?! OK, so the police union wants more officers hired and probably more money, but they are not lying, they are not putting any honey-butter on stale bread.

Detroit isn't safe, don't go there.

'Nuff said.

Anybody else seen honesty on the part of local officials? If so, please post, because I bet a lot of us would like to at least get close to the aroma of truth. California towns are going bankrupt, but it took overt bankruptcy before anybody said, "Oh by the way, we're out of money, we've extended ourselves too far, it's over."

·
What would Mal do
4,781 Posts
been visible for years...

in my little southern town, we have excellent police coverage...Friday/Sat nights on the main drag, you can't loose sight of one patrol car before you see the next one. Response time is often near immediate.

but go just 20 miles up the highway to the city and most calls get converted to filing an online or faxed report...response time for anything shy of shots fired is 45 minutes plus.

Biggest problem has been that the same thugs they arrest get tossed back on the street within 48 so you have repeat offenders with very long sheets out there with solid working knowledge of the system.

I never go into the big town unarmed and I only go there for work..there is nothing in the downtown club scene etc that I need.

·
survivalist
2,462 Posts
It is starting to sound a lot like some of the places down on the boarder.
Armed gangs are taking over major cities everywhere in America. May be time to wall off the sections,throw in a truck load of guns (contact Eric holder) and wait the problem out.Probably take less than 6 months.
Any one remember Escape from New York ???

·
Registered
229 Posts
@jedimindtrick... You are either a troll or a member of an organisation like Gun Free South Africa. Or - Sarcasm is the aim of the excercise.....

Moronic comments like that are what cause more firearms related injuries than any other item on the menu!!!

The only cure for an idiot with no respect for the law is a member of the public with the 2nd amendment right to bear arms and a healthy respect for the law....

·
Neo Confederate
2,256 Posts
Who is supporting these bloated parasites?

I believed it was all State money but I can't believe Michigan can afford to pay for that.

The Federals must be kicking in some of their hard won spoils as well.

Tell them peeps Washington State has a Jiggy welfare system and the liberals here would love to rub shoulders wit them.

·
American fearmaker
14,245 Posts
I don't go into any large town that is bossed by Democrats. That means Detroit, Chicago and so on. Eventually they will reach a point where they implode on themselves or eat themselves. Sick animals will do that when they reach a certain point and Democrat run cities are all sick animals ready for the final stage...

If I actually HAVE to go to those cities, I pack and sometimes I pack 2 pistols on me and a good knife for backup.

·
Registered
432 Posts
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/10...says-war-like-detroit-is-unsafe-for-visitors/

Detroit cops warn people to stay out of Detroit, a city they are currently unable to defend.

Isn't this just totally refreshing! Not meaning to be too cynical, but here we are reading TRUTH. How often is it that you hear such cut-to-the-chase TRUTH?! OK, so the police union wants more officers hired and probably more money, but they are not lying, they are not putting any honey-butter on stale bread.

Detroit isn't safe, don't go there.

'Nuff said.

Anybody else seen honesty on the part of local officials? If so, please post, because I bet a lot of us would like to at least get close to the aroma of truth. California towns are going bankrupt, but it took overt bankruptcy before anybody said, "Oh by the way, we're out of money, we've extended ourselves too far, it's over."
Most LEO's will tell you the truth about the area they work. I have SEEN agency's try to reprimand Officers for this however. Yes we are upset about our pay. Workload for all LEO's is increasing. Pay is decreasing. That is the same for most in this country. What really pours salt into the wound is that the Government bobble heads who cut our pay are seeing no decrease or even freeze in their pay!! They do nothing yet make more than any Officer! Some elected part time officials here make 60K a year for a part time job simply to give their opinions!! They also have full pensions after a 4 year part time gig with no usefulness. I work my ass off to make 70 - 80k a year. I work my 40 - 50 hours on the street, SWAT training and search warrants, as well as training others.
I'm not asking for sympathy, just explaining why Officers are getting ****ed. If every one takes a pay cut that's one thing, but to cut the pay of the guys on the front lines that wear ballistic vests all day, are expected to charge into a hail of gunfire, and spend thousands of dollars a year on work related equipment while the pompous puppets are unaffected is simply unacceptable. Politicians pay should be directly proportionate to the pay of others. Of course there are a lot of inequalities in our current corrupt system of government.

·
CabinBuilder/Author
1,996 Posts
This is just the beginning. Most large cities, if not all, will be in the same situation before we know it. It's coming. No chicken little crying, it is coming. LA, NY, N.O., Miami, St. Louis, San Diego, . . . I shouldn't have started naming, too many to name.
When the welfare checks stop, when taxes and food prices start to rocket, when cuts of all government jobs increase and take off, it will come to a city near you. Again, this is just the beginning.
I just ordered a new book by Rawles, one chapter was something to the effect of "Most people THINK they will GOOD (get out of Dodge) , WHEN it begins."
I suspect he'll say, that they'll be wrong, that they WON"T be ABLE to get out. And he'd be right. One won't be able to just get out quickly. It'll all be jammed up. My cousin in S. Kalifornia, THINKS he'll be able to do the same. Just pack some things up, go to the gas station and fill'er up, stop at the local grocery store and get a few items and some jugs of water, and drive all the way cross country to safety in the country. :cool: Get out now! Swallow the excuses, get out whatever it takes. And buggin IN? In the big city? Better read FerFal's Surviving the Collapse. I am not kidding or being over dramatic.
I feel sad for America. It's coming.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts