Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Article was sort of shocking at first, but he made some pretty good points.
Women have pushed men out of the protective role and are just fine taking care of themselves... until they need us to fight for them.

Check Out The Article Here

Like to hear from women on this. I still open doors for them.

AA

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Sorry but I'm from a different generation and just programmed old school. Hold the door, offer a hand, a shoulder to cry on, yadda, yadda.
However when it comes to the reciprocity, women don't do it. They gladly take the perks and then tell you to buzz off. They can take care of it. They can do it all. And they could but you know what? It's so much easier to let shmucks like me keep treating them nice then telling me not to patronize them.

·
Third World'er Lunatic
16,245 Posts
I still take my hat off in the presence of a woman, I still open doors, pull out chairs,get things off tall shelves, pick up heavy objects and move them, I still add Miss and Ma'm in front of a Last name if Im not close, in front of a first name if I am close. I do not Hit, or slap or belittle a woman, Nor do I tolerate a man to do so in front of me, I will change a tire in a pouring rain, jumpstart their car , pump gas at a station, and Not because they are cute, or in expectation of payment. simply because it is the right thing to do.

I guess it all boils down to how you were raised. All women are someones mother, wife, or daughter. treat them with respect, dignity and civility. I dont give a flip if its PC, or not.

·
Cave canem
5,391 Posts
Sorry but I'm from a different generation and just programmed old school. Hold the door, offer a hand, a shoulder to cry on, yadda, yadda.
However when it comes to the reciprocity, women don't do it. They gladly take the perks and then tell you to buzz off.
They don't reciprocate? What does that mean? They don't hold doors open for you? Or go on dates with you out of gratitude?

When men hold doors open I smile and thank them. If they do something especially useful (carry a 50 lb bag of feed to the car for me when it's not their job) then I gush and make them feel especially manly and capable for their good deed.

Now if strange males opened doors or offered to carry heavy things while appearing to have some sleazy ulterior motive I would not be overly friendly and may decline (unless I was interested).

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
A Female Response

I could rant for some time on this subject. Feminism is one of the most destructive movements in the history of the world. Allowing a man to lead, be the head of the home, guide, direct and protect DOES NOT EQUATE to me being his doormat. My husband would tell you I am a woman worth fighting for. I don't say this pridefully, it is as simple as I treat him with respect, honor him with the position of the head of our home, represent him well in his circles of influence and am his best friend and ally in all things. I have come at this from a marriage standpoint, but my male friends would say the same of me.

If you are a principled man of integrity that is selective in the women he associates with (and finally marries), you WILL find a respectful woman that works to make herself your best asset. And many of them reside in the U.S. I would even suggest that we are larger in number than one would think - we are just not parading it around publicly.

On a side note: I had to laugh when he said he would have to escape to Eastern Europe to find a good woman to raise a family with. My best friend is Estonian and we have traveled to the Baltic states with her. They will castrate this guy - the culture is far more liberal and raging with feminists! He'd be better off in Asia.

To the ladies: Respect your men (all of them that are in your lives), and let them lead. Anything with two heads is a freak!

To the men: Thank you to those that are still opening doors for us (my young daughters are paying attention as well.)

·
High Concept
5,496 Posts
I'll open a door for and even defend the Honor of a Lady, but they are so rare these days I almost never have to do it.

Feminists I wouldn't **** on if they were on fire.

Well, I might **** to the side so they had to roll around in it.

Fact is, I'll be the perfect gentleman to a Lady, but only a Lady.

She can open her own dam door and change a flat.

·
Third World'er Lunatic
16,245 Posts
I think what 240

They don't reciprocate? What does that mean? They don't hold doors open for you? Or go on dates with you out of gratitude?

When men hold doors open I smile and thank them. If they do something especially useful (carry a 50 lb bag of feed to the car for me when it's not their job) then I gush and make them feel especially manly and capable for their good deed.

Now if strange males opened doors or offered to carry heavy things while appearing to have some sleazy ulterior motive I would not be overly friendly and may decline (unless I was interested).
Geezer means Miss S610 by they don't reciprocate is they Don't even so much as say thank you, make eye contact, or hit you with a snide comment. Ive even had one woman, call 911, because while i was in a pouring rain in Charleston SC I was changing her tire, because i took so long and was opening and closing her trunk, I must be stealing something. Some women, cannot accept things at face value. in other words, simply a nice gesture.

Im usually walking on air for the rest of the day, if i get a smile and eye contact. Dont take much atall.:D:

·
GunControl=People Control
3,633 Posts
This reminds me of a story an instructor told me years ago.

He and a woman were waiting for an elevator to arrive. When it did and the door opened, he said politely, 'After you, ma'am."

She said firmly, "No thanks; I'm a feminist."

And he thought to himself, 'You turkey!' and walked right in.

His point in telling the story was that whatever you believe, you shouldn't reward basic courtesy and politeness with arrogance and rudeness.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
I could rant for some time on this subject. Feminism is one of the most destructive movements in the history of the world. Allowing a man to lead, be the head of the home, guide, direct and protect DOES NOT EQUATE to me being his doormat. My husband would tell you I am a woman worth fighting for. I don't say this pridefully, it is as simple as I treat him with respect, honor him with the position of the head of our home, represent him well in his circles of influence and am his best friend and ally in all things. I have come at this from a marriage standpoint, but my male friends would say the same of me.

If you are a principled man of integrity that is selective in the women he associates with (and finally marries), you WILL find a respectful woman that works to make herself your best asset. And many of them reside in the U.S. I would even suggest that we are larger in number than one would think - we are just not parading it around publicly.

On a side note: I had to laugh when he said he would have to escape to Eastern Europe to find a good woman to raise a family with. My best friend is Estonian and we have traveled to the Baltic states with her. They will castrate this guy - the culture is far more liberal and raging with feminists! He'd be better off in Asia.

To the ladies: Respect your men (all of them that are in your lives), and let them lead. Anything with two heads is a freak!

To the men: Thank you to those that are still opening doors for us (my young daughters are paying attention as well.)
I think as with everything it depends on the woman.

But in eastern europe women do (depending on country)
hold the more traditional family values.
my experiences in easter europe have been markedly different than yours.
I'm going on almost 7 months in country. And I do have a lovely girl friend and our relationship is based on mutual respect.

A problem I see with alot of foreigners is they start with matchmaking services or go to clubs to meet women.
and get scammed out of alot of time and money, or otherwise finds the gold digger with little to show. (Not all are scams but many are)

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
I think it's kind of obvious why the author of the article hasn't found a "good woman."
The issue both men and women have I have observed.

Whatever it is about their selection process they are attracted to people they don't mesh with.

Ends in disaster every time.
If they were objective they woukd alter what selection criteria they use and re evaluate based on new data model

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.