Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its no secret I stop by a lot of sites, and the one common link that gun dealers are posting is similar to the post I copied below:

Near XXXXXX, XX.

If anyone in the area wants a ar or ak come see us.

We only have the following left in inventory:

6 AR-15's left (Bushmaster M4a3)

7 Ak's 4 wood, 2 full stock synthetic and one side folder, synthetic.

All of our distributors have nothing left................

They do not know when they will recieve a shipment of anything...

Get em while you can...........

Contact info: XXXXXXXXXXX End.

It seems that now you may have to call ahead or be put on a list because distributors are sold out and have no stock left and no word on when they can get more.

Our local has left:
2ARs high end pricing.
0 AKs
1 CTEME at 1300. Not sure if this is average price.
2 FAL high end pricing
Handful of bolt actions

Can you folks give a report on your area?

Anyone called in to the supply houses?

·
Registered
647 Posts
My local shops have had no problems yet getting new stock , just a problem keeping them on the shelves. They have been selling at a frantic pace.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
A lot of people are buying guns, there is no doubt about it.

I know that many members of congress (including a lot of Democrats) have said both publicly and on their websites that they would not support another AWB. I guess time will tell if they cave in to Pelosi on this.

I figure the Democrats have 2 years to push through their most liberal agenda before the Republicans get a chance to win back the House or Senate.

Its going to be a long two years though.

Personally I have quite a few guns and will be concentrating on ammo and magazines especially over the next year and for as long it it is possible to do so.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
This is NOV 5, 2008 and I just was at Ammo Depot and they were selling Aks for $525.00. 500 rounds of Brown Bear 7.62x39 was going for $135 out the door. If that gives you any help. AR prices have gone through the roof.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
last check at collectors firearms showed 2 RPKs, 3 or 4 AK clones, a single AR, and a WHOLE lot of empty rack space. The high end seemed to have a number of AR-10s and Panthers and M1As. No one is touching the M1s and carbines that i can see. handguns are leaving the store as soon as they hit the jewel case.

Reactions: Brew

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems a pretty common theme. Most of the customers that go there are AR folks. Last month I was picking up ammo and saw three rows of AR lowers (maybe 40)in the case and now they have 5. I forgot to ask if the distributors were shipping. I don't do the AR platform but keep an eye on things for friends that do.

·
Free Trapper
189 Posts
I own a shop here in Utah and have been selling firearms at a rapid pace; especially today. AK's, AR's, ammo, magazines, etc... all gone. I was on the phone several large distributors this morning and they were all but vacant with what stock they had left. One did $500,000 worth of Bushmaster AR's alone on Monday. Another said that they were busier than on 9/11. I am a Bushmaster dealer and spent a significant amount of time on hold today while pricing rifles for customers. Bushmaster in now working 24/7 in the shop filling orders and there is still an 8 week wait time. Scary times! Fear not though, God is in control and all of these happenings has been said in Scripture. Our hope lies in Jesus, not the world. I pray that souls will be saved through this current political situation. After all, enternity is more important than what happens here on earth. Take care all and God Bless! Jerry www.bluemountaingunworks.com

·
Registered
604 Posts
When I went in to get my AR lower on 10-30 there were 3 other guys there for the same thing. The shop had 15 stripped lowers on order at 1000 when I went in on my lunch break, by 1500 when I came back to fill out my paperwork after work they had only 6 of those unaccounted for. People like myself didn't wait to hear that Obama won to get started.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
optimism. i could use some

Reactions: Brew

·
American fearmaker
14,240 Posts
Pelosi is already going after "the rogue Democrats." Word came out that she's telling, actually ordering, all of her party to tow the line or else they will get zero support for any pet projects that particular member of Congress introduces. She's actually trying to bully people in the Senate and the House like they were her slaves. Pelosi has become a dictator of the first magnitude!! If you are a Democrat you had better vote the way Pelosi wants you to vote OR ELSE. Supposedly she has even threatened to block re-election efforts of anybody in the Democrat party who doesn't do her bidding in the next elections. Imagine that, a politician who suffers from hormone poisoning AND PMS at the same time. Maybe we'll get lucky and one of her plastic surgeries will unravel or come undone forcing her to abdicate her throne...

·
Forum Administrator
16,729 Posts
Can you folks give a report on your area?

Anyone called in to the supply houses?
Dude, I live in the south, we have more guns then some third world countries and maybe even canada.

Every pawn shop and gun shop has plenty in supply. One of the biggest gun stores around here - academy sports + outdoors in Beaumont, Texas had racks full of guns last weekend. This included AR-15s and Mini-14s.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Dunhams has lots of assault rifles, mauser, nagants etc in my town in Indiana.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the reports. The general market won't affect us at all. We had ours a couple decades ago. The whole situation is more of a gauge as to the direction buyers are trending.

Most of the folks here have no worries but keeping tabs on the volume of newbies causing the gold rush is wise in many ways. Seeing the trend die down in the next couple of weeks will be reassuring. If it doesn't die down it should be watched closely.

More EBRS sold in a two month span than any other time, including the pre first ban period is something to pay attention to.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
This is NOV 5, 2008 and I just was at Ammo Depot and they were selling Aks for $525.00. 500 rounds of Brown Bear 7.62x39 was going for $135 out the door. If that gives you any help. AR prices have gone through the roof.
Thats why its best to build your own AR. Much cheaper and anyone can do it in about an hour.

As for the OP, to me it sounds like they are trying to scare people into buying. Get it now before its gone forever.

Reactions: soleya

·
Registered
171 Posts
HOLLY CRAP !!!!! A CETME for $1300, that is friggin SILLY !!

They were only like $300 a few years ago

i went to a gun show today saw one it was 1300 or 1200 hundred i just looked and shook my head and walked away.

At the show today i picked up 40 rds of 7.62x54 and around 25 8mm assorted soft point and FMJ

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thats why its best to build your own AR. Much cheaper and anyone can do it in about an hour.

As for the OP, to me it sounds like they are trying to scare people into buying. Get it now before its gone forever.

i want to build my own ar in about 3 months when i have some money on average how much does it cost and what do i need to register is it just the upper or the lower too. any info would be great sry to hijack thread

1 - 20 of 29 Posts