Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Forum Administrator
16,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
End of August 2008 Report​

This is a report just to clear up some confusion on the site. The rest of the report will be posted in a few days when I get some stuff in real life straight.

Staff Positions - Are going to be rotated out between volunteers. A couple of the staff members have contacted me and asked about a rotation system, which I agreed to. We will have a couple of staff positions open, so if anyone wants to volunteer, throw you name in the bucket.

Castlemom - has served this community with dignity and honor. She was the first staff member to step down. We all owe her a great deal of thanks for her service.

Donations - From now on, about 10% of all donations received by this site will be donated to a children's charity. Kristy (my wife) added everything up yesterday, and we will be sending in $65 to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital . The amount sent in is not exactly 10%, its a little more or a little less. I would rather people not know "exactly" how much the site takes in every month.

The volunteer staff member is an unpaid position. But members will know that their service is going to a greater good by helping children.

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
:(:(:( Wish Castlemom wasn't stepping down but I understand that sometimes you just need a break. Been there, done that. Happy vacation Castlemom!

As for donations, good to see that it is going to good causes. You and your wife made a good choice with St. Jude as well.

Throwing my name in for staff position. :D:

·
Darting from the shadows
5,760 Posts
Good on you 4iv3n1.

If I my internet time wasn't going to be cut right back for a long time in 2 weeks, I'd be volunteering as well.

Reactions: 4giv3n1

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
thanks castlemom for your service to the board. i would throw my name in the bucket as well but at the moment i have to much on my plate

·
1,794 Posts
An extremely honorable thing to do. More members should read these reports. The "hits" for these are too low for the number of members. Since positions are being rotated, I would be willing to be drafted if you can use an old timer who is in here all the time anyways. Ditto on the thanks to Castlemom.

·
AKA The Dragon
2,819 Posts
Many thanks Castlemom and Yorkshire Boy.
A job well done.

·
The Punisher
1,607 Posts
YB, since no one else has responded to my question, what exactly is involved in a staff position. I would be willing to throw my hat in the ring, just looking for some info, thanks.:thumb:

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,220 Posts
For all that are asking about what the staff does.... here is the reply I got from Kev...

Help guide the site, offer your opinion on issues, report post that are in the wrong section, report post that break forum rules...........
and my name is in the hat too.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Consider those who have specifically requested the position first. If the positions are filled by them, then that's a good thing. If you still need someone, I'm willing to be a back up or next in line. I've visited this forum every day since I joined.

Reactions: Scruggs

·
1,794 Posts
Good luck to all those who want in.:thumb: I'm stepping down so my position will be up for grabs as well.

As I originally said to Kev, hopefully this will generate some excitement and bring fresh ideas into his team.

All the best, YB.:)
Yorky too? Glad you stated this as I was wondering about the mass exodus. Being survivalists, if everyone is running in one direction we have a tendancy to open fire on whatever it is that is chasing them. Or - something to that effect. Thanks Yorky.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts